[Chapter 13]

·•·

·•·

DAENERYS HAD SUMMONED HER CLOSEST ADVISORS TO A COUNCIL. To Maegon's great displeasure Daario had also recieved an invitation from the Queen to partake in the meeting. As of yet he had not voiced any of his concerns about Daario to Daenerys, all she knew is that before he had been one of the Second Sons leaders and therefore had decided to let him attend many of her councils, so more views on the matters they discussed would be brought forth. 

In truth Daario was still under Maegon's command, since he had taken over the men of the Second Sons, instead chosing to call them Dragon's Men. But not all of them accepted this and Maegon suspected Daario to be some sort of ringleader for those former Second Sons that held a form of disloyalty towards Maegon.

So when word reached him that Daario would attend Daenerys' councils, Maegon sent out his most trusted friend Aidan to scout the situation more closely, especially those who appeared to hold more loyalty to their dead generals and to Daario than to the Dark Dragon. Perhaps Aidan would find more and get more done when Daario was not in the same room.

This day the Queen herself was dressed in a long flowing dress of pure ivory coloured silk that hung loosely from her shoulders. Parts of her silver haired had been braided and fastened on the back of her head, freeing her face. Still much of her hair freely flowed down her back like a magical waterfall of glittering silver. The Queen stood looking out a window, observing the large bay outside while Maegon and the others were sitting down around a large round table. 

"King Joffrey Baratheon is dead," Jorah said, "Murdered at his own wedding."

Daenerys swung around to stare at Jorah, her eyebrows shooting up in surpise and in some ways Maegon mirrored her reaction, just without the long flowing locks of hair. Daenerys showed surprise that the young monarch had died and it had all transpired at his own wedding. Even if Joffrey Baratheon was her enemy, Daenerys thought it perhaps a tad cruel to end his life during his own wedding. Maegon on the other hand, while his eyebrows rose in surprise, a small and almost invisible grin formed on his lips, he found it hilarious in some aspects. 

"You certainly have a knack for starting a council meeting in interesting ways." Maegon muttered, leaning back in his seat.

"And we've taken the Meereenese navy, your grace." Ser Barristan said.

Maegon glared at the old man, one silver eyebrow raised, "I don't remember ever seeing you down at the docks," He snapped at the old knight, "With the aid of my men and one of the Queen's dragons, I took the Meereneese navy."

Maegon tried to capture a glimpse of Daario's expression, who had so far said nothing. The Dark Dragon was happy when he noticed Daario was not in the best of moods, biting his lower lip in annoyance with his hands clenched together on the table.