[Chapter 14]

·•·

·•·

SOON MAEGON WOULD BE FORCED TO ACT, FOR CERTAIN PEOPLE WERE CROSSING THE LINE. Daario was acting during most days, almost as if he was half snake, slinking deep down in the shadows were no one, not even Maegon could see nor hear him anymore. But this day Daario had made a mistake and had not been as cautious as he usually was. This time it was Maegon hiding in the shadows, following and observing Daario and the Dark Dragon noticed he held a sealed letter in his hand. When the letter switched hands, going from Daario to one of his closest associates from what once was the Second Sons then vanished from view. Then Maegon made his move.

The other man, after bidding Daario farewell was strolling down the corridor in the direction where Maegon was hiding in the shadows, whistling a random tune not knowing who was close. When he was about to turn left and continue down the corridor, his whistling met a sudden end when Maegon suddenly had a tight grip on his throat, slamming him against the wall.

The man tried to struggle against Maegon grip, trying to pry the Dark Dragon's hand away from his throat, but he was much smaller and weaker than Maegon.

"The audacity of this idiot! Believing he is not seen doing this suspicious shit?" Maegon grumbled, tearing Daario's letter out of the man's pocket before pushing him away, making him yelp in fright and almost stumble and fall flat on his face.

Maegon glared over at the man who was backing away from him with nervous steps, his whole body trembling under Maegon's intense glare, "Oh, and please tell Daario, I would want him to know that he will not be able to do whatever he wants under my command. Understood?" Maegon hissed out, sounding strangely like Rhaegal when the dragon was hissing in his brothers directions when they stole parts of his dinner.

The man nodded, confirming he understood what Maegon was telling him before taking off down the corridor after Daario, leaving Maegon in the dust. With a shake of his head andtaking a deep breath, Maegon opened the letter.

Dragons fly close together, a powerful force

Then there on the paper was a large empty space before more text appeared.

The red dragon dance with the black and both fly high, their mounts soon to be capable forces of war. 

While clenching his jaw, Maegon angrily stuffed the letter down his pocket before marching down the many corridors of the Great Pyramid to the audience chamber where he knew Daenerys would be right now, meeting with supplicants for the better part of the day.

Maegon passed several Unsullied standing guard close to a group of men and women, many who looked to belong to a class of lower standing, though there was a few who dressed in finer clothing. Most likely they were waiting for their turn to speak with the Queen. Seeing him walk by, Maegon noticed none of them dared to meet his eyes, rather chosing to look at the torches hanging from the walls or their own shoes.