7

It had been two days since Luna had seen Nik

It had been two days since Luna had seen Nik. She had lost all hope on the second day, thinking that maybe meeting him was just a one-moment thing. She had no hope that she would see him again.

Though, as she was walking to the bench where she had first met Klaus, clutching onto her journal, ready to begin writing in it, she was surprised that Klaus was sitting on the bench. Lost in thought is what he seemed to be.

Though, that could be far away from the truth. It was true that he was lost in thought, but his senses were going on overdrive, the new transformation into a hybrid being odd. Also, due to his desperation to see Luna again. He protected her from a distance while he was in wolf form, hoping to see the girl, but to no avail. 

The wolf would always come to Luna's house by nighttime, and it was something primal within Klaus, that he could not control. Though he chose to accept this, his desperation to see her being overwhelming.

Then, it was almost as if Klaus could feel her presence because when he looked up she was staring at him. Her lips parted in shock, but that went away a moment later as she continued to move towards the bench.

"Hey Nik, I'm surprised to see you here," Luna initiated the conversation for the first time. She wanted to know why she had not seen him for two days, there was an ache in her chest when she did not see him in town.

"Sorry, I had some problems with my brother," Klaus replied. He chose to leave out any supernatural details, not mentioning that he stabbed his brother and put him into a coffin.

"Oh, well that makes sense," Luna replied. Then it was silent. The two had not known what to say to each other, they were in a silence that was comforting.

"I wanted to tell you that I am leaving Mystic Falls for some time," Klaus stated. He did not want to keep secrets, other than his supernatural involvement, from Luna. He wanted to keep talking with the shy girl. 

"Why are you telling me this?" Luna asked. She was honestly confused as to why Klaus was telling her something like him leaving. They had only met once, and they did not know each other. He could be serial killer for all she knew.

"I want us to keep talking while I am gone," Klaus replied instantly. This made Luna blush, not very many people wanted to talk to the girl who could barely speak confidently with anyone, let alone a stranger.

"Are you sure about that?" Luna replied. Klaus looked at her and then nodded his head. Almost robotically, as though he had no control over his body, he reached inside his pocket to take out his phone. Handing his phone to the girl. 

Luna quickly typed in her phone number, and then called herself through his phone, saving his number. Klaus smiled at the fact that he had another way to contact Luna. He then went to the rose bush, and plucked another rose, giving it to Luna. 

Luna blushed as she did last time and Klaus said,

"This is a representation of the promise that we will talk daily, and that I will come back,"