🌸🌼🌸

Getting closer

"We have only 1 week left. How are we supposed to finish this list, Ronald?", Sally was pacing up and down in the playground in front of him.

"I had already ordered the streamers and balloons. They will arrive on the day of the fest. 3 hours before the fest. All we have to do is design the placard. Mr. Simon has it. He will give it to us whenever we want.", Ronald said, his eyes following Sally's fast pacing up and down.

"And the models? I want the models. Those will be unique. The model supplier didn't pick up the phone today. When will he make it?", it sounded more like Sally scolding herself.

"You mean the jokers?"

"Yes... The jokers."

"What if we be the jokers?"

Sally never thought of that!! Yes they could be the jokers. But Sally didn't know how to be a joker. And what if the girls bully her again? But the new art teacher is looking forward to the gate decoration. Also Mr. Simon loved the idea of jokers. What if Allen and mom make fun of her? Oh my...

"Sally? Did you zone out again?", asked Ronald.

"Huh!? Oh sorry... I was just... How can I be a joker? What will I do? No no... I can't...", Sally stopped in mid-sentence when Ronald came to her, held her shoulders and shook her twice.

"We have 6 days left. Sally, we are doing this!", he said.

"Oh okay...! Alright.", Sally gave a tensed thumbs-up.

The next three days they spent discussing the idea of decorations, painting the placard, the joker costume colour, their acting sequence and the blue carpet entrance. The teachers loved their ideas. All were accepted and they were happy. And also the flower gate. The iron gate was to be covered with flowers. That was Sally's idea.  It so happened that in course of the time, Ronald started joining Sally and Allen during the lunch breaks. Sally was slowly opening up to Ronald but Allen was still suspicious about Ronald's motives.

"Hey, Ronald! Would you like to come with me for lunch?", asked Sally, in a low voice.

Ronald, who didn't expect this kind of invitation, looked up at her and said, "I would like to come where?"

"Move your ass before I change my mind. I really don't want to be dramatic. Just a friendly lunch. My brother would be there too.", Sally said, cracking her knuckles.

"Oh...why not? Sure, sure. Let's go.", he said and got up.

"Hi Sally... Oh hello Ronald!", Allen said and stood up when they arrived.

"Hi! You know my name?", asked Ronald, a bit shy.

"Why? Don't you know my name?", Allen, winked at Sally.

Maybe Sally was wrong but she felt as if Ronald's ears turned red. But it was none of her business, she was hungry. Ronald was going to sit beside Sally, when Allen put his hand on Ronald's shoulder and said,

"Where do you think are you going? Sit here, next to me. I don't like boys sitting next to my sister."

Ronald, reluctantly, sat beside him. Sally looked at them to find Ronald very small compared to Allen. They maybe twins but Allen was taller than Sally. Sally reached till Allen's chest. And Ronald was about a few inches taller than her. He, being thin, seemed really little. Sally said in her mind, "cute!". Then she scolded herself. Her mind has really become dirty. What would she expect if she watched boyslove dramas everyday?

"So? How are the decorations going?", asked Allen.

"The placard is complete. We are just waiting to decorate the gate. We will do it on Saturday evening and give the final touch on Sunday morning.", said Sally.