🌸🌼🌸

The matchmakers

Allen and Sally were outstanding matchmakers. Even the local wedding planners would fail in front of them. But Sally was really disappointed when Allen woke her up at 5 am, that too on a Monday. Reyn had texted them to come meet him at the park for jogging.

"Is he insane?", Sally yawned.

"I think he is. But we have to meet him. Get up.", Allen said and pulled her blanket away.

Reluctantly she got up. Allen took out his bicycle to reach fast. Sally almost fell asleep on Allen's back, when he started singing. They reached the park at 6 am. Reyn was waiting for them at the gate.

"Hi children!", he waved at them.

"Children?", Sally asked Allen.

"Babies. We are his babies now, Sally."

They jogged till 7. Sally, was out of breath, probably dead for the rest of the day. She was very skinny. No matter how much nutella she consumed, she is still skinny. She slept throughout the off classes at school. At home, their mom called them to the sitting room for a meeting.

"You know, my school friend, Reynold. He just confessed his feelings for me today. So I thought of sharing it with you guys because my life is all about you.", she said.

"Isn't he your boyfriend?", Sally asked.

"You may call him so, but I think you have much more importance than him in my life. So...I am thinking of rejecting his proposal.", she said.

"WHAT!!?", Sally and Allen shouted in unison.

Their mom took a step back in shock. Then she composed herself again and said,

"It's for your good. What if he wants to marry me? He said he loves me. He could wish to marry me soon!"

"Then MARRY him!!", both of them said.

Their mom, stupefied for a second, looked at them for a moment. Then she grew more serious. Allen, taking a hint quickly said,

"Do you love him?"

"What difference does it make?"

"A big difference mom, a big difference. Do you know that you don't shout at us anymore?", Sally said.

"What is that supposed to mean?", asked mom.

"It means that you are happy. And if you are happy, we are happy.", Allen said.

"You are still kids. What do you know? You haven't even seen him in person.", she said.

"Oh that? Shall we spill the tea, Allen?", asked Sally.

"Mom, we have been meeting him for a few days now. We went for lunch together, we went to an amusement park and spent a whole day. He took us to a movie last week. We know, he is a nice person.", Allen said and sipped his smoothie.

"Oh! Oh! And we went for jogging in the morning, today. He is so fit.", Sally said.

"You we're meeting Reynold all these days and you haven't told me? What on earth were you thinking while doing it?", their mom put her hands on her hip.

"Oh no no. He wanted to meet us. We may be kids. But we are big kids. We really want you to follow your heart.", Sally said.

"I can't believe it!", mom said.

"That's upto you. But we are not babies anymore. I mean, he doesn't need to take care of us. He will just stay with us. Everything will be the same. And you will have a company for the rest of your life.", Sally said.