🌸🌼🌸

The would-be father comes home

Time flies. And with that Sally graduated. She wasn't the prom queen. Jess was the prom queen. Morris teased Sally saying that he could have been the prom king if he came with Suzy. But when Sally looked at him without any expressions, Morris, kind of crumpled inside and became silent. Allen and Ronald were busy somewhere, far away from the commotion. Sally didn't wish to go but Morris literally dragged her to school. Anyways, you gotta do various things for love. They even took a picture together, the three of them kissing Sally on her cheeks and head. Sally later said that she felt disgusted.

Reyn and their mother's wedding date was fixed one month after the graduation. Sally and Allen were the ring bearers. She wore a light green gown which matched Allen's sap green suit. Morris, Ronald, Mr. Simon were also invited.

At the time of toasts, when it was Allen's turn to speak, he made it short and sweet.

"How the tables have turned, right? We children are marrying off our parents! But it's a duty, for you to see that your parents are happy. So, to make them happy, here's to my mama and new papa!"

The people clapped like crazy.

Then Sally began, "Dad would love it too. And now the fact that we have two father figures in our lives... Dad in our names and Reyn at our home. Welcome home, papa! Here's to getting a new father!!"

The people clapped once again.

"Won't you hug your kids, papa?", Sally shouted.

With that Ryen ran to them and hugged Sally and Allen. The photographer started taking pictures from different angles. They had group photos too, where most of the time Sally was kept in the center. Reyn, Allen, Ronald, Morris and Sally in the middle. Her uncles, Reyn, Mr. Simon, Allen and again, Sally in the center. Reyn, along with his own friends, Allen and in the center, it was Sally.

When later on, Sally saw the photo album, she saw her gown flashing among the dark suits. Her mom's photos came out good too.

The careers

Allen and Ronald had attended each other's sports events, along with the mothers. Ronald got his place at the national team. Allen played his first match, with a fair performance. It was the state basketball game and Sally was sitting in between the moms. Ronald excused himself to go to the restroom.

Sally was tensed, as the air between the moms were intense. Maybe both of them were imagining the future, both of their sons being extraordinarily attracted towards each other. The first half of the game was nothing special except for Ronald shouting Allen's team name, at the top of his voice. Sally mostly clapped. The mothers merely exchanged smiles. Now, during the interval, Ronald's mom spoke,

"When did you get to know about them?"

Sally looked at her mom.

"No idea. I don't remember actually. They didn't even tell me anything about it. I found out myself.", she replied.

Sally looked at Ronald's mom.

"Oh that's alright. They haven't told me anything either.", said Ronald's mom.

Sally looked at her mom.

"What? I mean... Really?"

Sally looked at Ronald's mom, again.

"Yeah. Allen once came by our house and they only talked about sports. And Ronnie used to blabber about Allen so much that I understood it later that they were dating.", Ronald's mom said.