🌼🌸🌼

The week following the fest

The first time Sally had fun in school, after Lily left. Maybe it was the best idea to befriend Ronald Dempsey. And the fact that Allen and Ronald became so close was something refreshing... They were at the canteen when the conversation heated up;

"You got to be kidding me, how can you say that?", Sally said and pretended to throw her spoon at Ronald.

"Don't you dare hurt him, Sally.", Allen said, blocking Ronald.

"Says who? The boy who was about to suffocate Ronald. What made you think that he can withstand your weight?", Sally said.

"I told you Sally, it was not his fault. I challenged him.", Ronald repeated, for the 10th time.

"Yeah yeah, team up against me. I thought I got a best friend at last and now I see him supporting my brother. Why did I even introduce you to my brother!! I regret it a lot.", Sally said and continued eating.

"Thanks anyways, Sal. He is the only one who makes me feel like a human being. Otherwise I am a flirting material for girls and the only enemy of the boys.", Allen said, smiling at Ronald.

"I was so happy with my peaceful life. I am so damn mad at Mr. Simon for choosing you as my partner. It's so chaotic, right now.", Sally finished her food and stood up to leave, "You can get cozy, now. I am leaving."

"Sally, why are you so angry?", Ronald asked. Sally walked away without answering.

"Now I have to make up again with her.", Ronald said to Allen.

"Oh wow!! Make up, huh?", Allen teased him.

"You know I don't feel about her that way. She is like a little sister to me, too. It's just that I don't want to be all alone in the class again.", he said, massaging his temples.

"I get you bro, I get you-"

"Don't ever call me 'bro'. I am not your brother. I am your friend, not bro.", Ronald stamped his foot, out of the blue and left.

"Eh!?", was the only thing Allen pronounced, when Ronald left.

When Ronald entered the classroom, he saw Sally gently swaying her head to the rhythm of the music. He went near to see her listening to "The young ones" by Cliff Richards. He placed his hand on her shoulder. Sally looked up, tossed her head in disgust and continued to listen to the song. Ronald pulled out the earphones off her ear, put it in her bag. Sally was dumbstruck! Adding to the shock, Ronald held her hand and pulled her up. Sally didn't resist. Then he took her out to the backyard of the library. It was a place where Sally went to avoid the hobnob of the main school building. He let go of her hand and stood face to face with her.

"What actually are you trying to do?", he asked.

"What? Nothing really.", Sally said, looking here and there.

"Look at me, Sally."

"What?"

"What's your problem?"

"It's just that you guys always team up against me. I was worried about you and you don't seem to get that. Allen had sent many people to hospital till date.", Sally said, looking at the grass making invisible circles with her foot.

"You think I am fragile?", he asked with a smirk.

"No... You are strong but not stronger than my brother. And if my only friend in class makes fun of me... ", Sally became silent.

"Awww...look at you. How I have always wanted a sister like you!! You are so so so cute!", Ronald said and pinched her cheeks.

SISTER????