4: Demands

"Ok Bram, prepare a bath for me, it's been days anyway," Bazuul ordered his servant.

"Of course, should I send in a few maids to help?" Bram asked even though he knew full well that his master disliked human touch.

"No way, bring these instructions to a good tailor and tell him to come to my chambers with the materials on the list," Bazuul said as he stretched himself.

As Bram observed his little master for a moment, he felt a difference - his eyes seemed to be a bit clearer than before - and his complexion looked like it had lost a bit of the weight it carried before. All in all, his master seemed to be a bit more lighthearted then he did yesterday.

"Sir Aleoni will be pleased to work for your highness I'm sure," Bram answered as he made his way out.

On his way to carry out his orders whilst Bazuul lay floating in the water, he passed the main hall and saw a surplus of magister presence. Apparently, the Circle - an organization representing all magisters on Ytolan with its roots on Atlantis - were seeking an audience with the king. He paid it no mind since this happened a lot.

Ever since Atlantis landed in the Endless Tides four hundred years ago from outside of the firmament, brought their magic with them, and spread it to most of the people on Ytolan. Unknowingly to all, also expanding their influence all over the realm.

Of course, there were freelance magister but the vast majority was educated and thus bound by the Circle.

When Bazuul lay in the waters he shut out everything around him, and he slowly fell into his own world. Suddenly, the newly formed pool of darkness and light started to rotate like a plate on a stick. Bazuul slowly balanced this pool and shortly after a light shot through his body, making its way upward. After vanishing in his forehead, he felt a pressure between his eyebrows. It wasn't painful, although it felt like something was about to crack open, the sensation he felt could be best described as releasing.

Slowly a warm tingling sensation passed the backside of his neck toward the lower parts of his body. Spreading all over, even into the waters. It seemed as if for a second the bath itself was filled with light as it slowly found its way back into Bazuul. This light reflected in his eyes as he opened them. He left the bath afterward and put on some new clothes. Just then Bram came back with a pale expression.

Without even seeing Bram's face Bazuul asked.

"What is it this time Bram?"

"My prince, the Circle is seeking an audience with the king. They want to investigate your...situation and they want compensation for what happened to the Magister" He stuttered.

"Mmmh? Compensation? Interesting...so, when is the tailor coming?"

Bram's vision blanked for a second as he looked at the twelve-year-old master of his that carried a relaxed and non-committal look on his face.

Wondering to himself if his master simply did not care or if he, as a twelve-year-old, did not understand the urgency of this matter. Then again, he was a prince of a kingdom, even though he laid hands on a magister, it was not like he was a commoner that could be easily executed. Plus, he was only twelve years old.

"The tailor will need some time, he is currently assembling all materials needed and will be here by the hour." He then said.

"Good, you may leave for now Bram!"

"As you wish master"

For the remaining hour, Bazuul stayed in his chamber, using parts of his knowledge he just acquired in the Akashic library. First, he tried to understand the pool of darkness and light. Yet, for unknown reasons, he could not reach the deeper parts of the library. Thus, he looked for knowledge about the black ooze on his face this morning, its causes, and the meditative state he wanted to re-emulate.