14: Heavy Rain I

Since that time, two days ago - when the fourth prince of Ralun, Bazuul - had fought, and killed Chief Thousand Flowers and some of his henchmen. The rain continuously poured down on the kingdom. Its cities were drowned in a melancholic atmosphere ever since, and still the rain poured on and on.

At this time, Bazuul stood on his balcony in the middle of the rain, observing the scenery and taking in the waters pouring down with a face as if in wonder, a smile on his face and his eyes glittering.

~~~

After the fight, Yao Ling was able to be stabilized and eventually saved. It took a day to uproot all of Chief Thousand Flowers businesses but the deed was done at last. They also found the brother and sister duo's mother, Yao Yu Yan. Her physical condition was not as bad as the psychological trauma she had suffered. Especially the fact that her husband had died, and her son and daughter had to fend for themselves, made it hard for her to swallow. Yet, it also helped her that she was reunited with her children once more.

Many citizens were present throughout the whole ordeal and even though the rain kept pouring, they were in an uproar. With smiles plastered on their face, they were singing songs of praise of the little prince that was in charge of their part of the kingdom. The bloody scenes, forgotten as soon as the rain carried the stains away.

Bazuul remained indifferent to those praises, not indulging in flights of fancy. Cold even, if one were to be honest. Even though his eyes had regained their bright amber color, they seemed empty and devoid of anything that usually reflected in his eyes, even the dots of light seemed to be dull and washed up.

"Come with me, you will live in one of the rooms in my court for the time being." He said flatly and went into the chariot prepared for him to return home.

On his way back, he learned that the brother-sister duo was each ten and seven years old respectively. Their mother was twenty-nine.

"Stay here as long as Yao Ling has recuperated, after that we'll talk," Bazuul said, and even though what he said was nice, his voice was completely monotone.

Yao Yu Yan couldn't wrap her mind around what this feeling or sensation was that came from the prince. This made her somehow uncomfortable yet also not. Timidly she nodded with an en.

After they had been accommodated in the eastern wing. Bazuul returned to his chamber to clean himself and rest. He finally breathed out and wanted to take a bath, as his vision started to twist and turn as if he had drunk too much wine. Sweating profusely for seemingly no rhyme or reason he tried to get a hold somewhere when all of a sudden, a mouthful of blood gushed out of his mouth.

The moment after he dropped to the ground, unconscious.

Meanwhile in the throne-room. Varanur and his wife, Alora, were happily chatting about the latest news of their youngest son's exploits in the eastern city. Not even a month ago he had died and they were about to bury him, and now he was not only among the living, but also a textbook prince in their eyes. Pride and gratitude to the heavens filled them, what seemed to have been a disaster, turned out to become their fortune.

Not that they would have minded if he had remained the good-for-nothing silk pants he was before. He was their son after all.

The king and queen were still chuckling away as three knocks sounded at the door of the throne-room.

"Come in!" The king said and a guard entered.

"Your Highness, something happened to prince Bazuul! As of now, no one is able to get close to him, so the doctors are unable to make a diagnosis." The guard told them with a slightly pale face.