15: Heavy Rain II

For what felt like a week, Bazuul had fought for his survival in this eerie dark space. Not that he really knew how much time had passed, but he still guessed it to be somewhere around that.

The wounds on his body had increased significantly over this time, as the wounds gaped open and blood slowly flowed out without end. His clothes, tattered beyond saving. It was a wonder that his shirt actually still remained on him, as it barely held onto a thread.

In the exchanges he and... this thing in the darkness had, he had lost miserably. Although he still retaliated, he was not sure if he truly damaged it as he was unable to see much. The dark fiend had already attempted to consume him whole three times, this was the only time Bazuul was sure he had damaged it. The screams coming from it assured him of it. Even more so, when it intensified as he ripped more of its flesh off every time it tried to swallow him up.

Bazuul actually chuckled viciously and taunted it.

"What is it, huh?! You scared? Hahaha, then keep on hiding in the dark coward!"

Again, rumbling sounds could be heard in the distance, apparently, it didn't appreciate the mocking tone of its prey. Another high-pitched sound that burrowed itself into Bazuul's mind appeared. Bazuul screamed out of pain as blood flowed out his eyes, nose, and ears.

Once more the clicking noises it made resounded in the distance. Shortly after images flooded Bazuul's mind, memories of his past life. Memories of how he tormented people, of how he broke them and felt satisfied at that. Images of how he took the hand that intended to help him and crushed it.

This torture of his past deeds went on when that fiend actually let out a chilling laugh.

Once more, as it was in the past, the bitter taste of regret seemingly paralyzed Bazuul, his mind, dazed by the shame he put on himself with his bullying. Again, just like back on Earth, the depression in his mind took over. The doubt in him rose, as it whispered to him. It told him that he wasn't all that, no, it even elaborated. Beneath the layer of pride, he displayed, it said, even he himself knew how pitiful he truly was. He was no "King," he was actual thrash.

Even through the mental torment invoked by that thing in the darkness, a slight rueful chuckle escaped Bazuul. How couldn't he know what he was, he clearly saw how the people looked at him ever since he was little. Apart from her of course.

Her, he thought as the thought of that one person shook him awake.

He remembered the time, the one interaction he had with her before tragedy swept both their lives away into the abyss.

It was Halloween, and for some reason he was going crazy once again, tormenting the guy she was with because he used the trick on their door, since they didn't have the money to buy treats. To be honest, he kind of went out of control and the whole thing almost turned into some form of kidnapping. Yet, it shook him awake when he heard the two little children that were with them cry.

At this moment he thought. "What the fuck am I doing. It's Halloween for fuck's sake."

He felt so bad at this moment, that he wasn't sure what to do. Out of instinct, he wanted to give them all the sweets he had gathered this Halloween. Only to realize that he didn't take part in Halloween this time around. Then he remembered that he had five euros in his pocket and grabbed it. With the intention of giving the little children the money as an apology, he walked toward them.

At this moment though, she took one step to the side, blocking his path, and stood right in front of him as she looked deep into his eyes and said.

"Do not touch the kids!" With a tone, he never heard from her before and a resolute light in her eyes. That was the time he realized the force the light of the moon carried.