29: The Labyrinth III

The shadow slowly floated toward Bazuul.

"Sinned?" He asked before breaking out into laughter. Hylion thought Bazuul had become crazy, apparently unable to see nor sense the shadowy apparition in front of them.

"Believe me, I'm speaking from experience here. Ending my life is harder than it seems!" Bazuul added as the whispers around become louder the closer the figure got. Then it turned into a flash and rushed toward him, entering his body. Before he could react to what had happened his consciousness faded and he dropped on the floor.

Hylion, still unaware of what was going on stood there stunned. He was unable to make rhyme or reason as to what had happened. He could see that Bazuul's body twitched from time to time as his skin slowly turned darker.

The apparition appeared within Bazuul's inner world and announced proudly. "Within the myriad of options, your fate has already lost all possibility to survive. Yield, and I will make the consumption of your soul less painful. Your body, on the other hand, will make another good avatar for the lord to roam the world and form it to his will."

A light chuckle traveled through the dark side of his inner world, "Well, then come on then, eat me!"

The shadowy figure looked around and could see the young prince stand beside another dark silhouette. Slightly bent over, Bazuul provokingly slapped his own behind.

Unaware of the meaning and disregarding the provoking intent behind it, the apparition raised its elderly voice once more. "Very well, it is good to know when one has reached his limit." It said and started moving toward him. The dark smoky essence around the apparition started expanding and formed a huge mouth with long barbed teeth. Inside the growing maw, a red glowing light shone through the smoke of dark essence.

"I wonder, where have the whispers gone that surrounded you earlier?" Bazuul asked before he continued. "Have you not noticed that..." he began the next sentence and paused shortly as he lifted his hand. "this is my world?"

The apparition paused its advance for a second, as it realized this anomaly. Nonetheless, a moment later it accelerated its movement toward Bazuul, which could feel suction pulling him toward this maw of shadows. That's when he began yelling.

"The second Doha of the fifth chapter. Light of the moon, binding the dark. Binding all evil below. Cleanse this demon and shatter the wicked will grasping onto this tortured soul."

The moon within his world started growing and its silver light filled the entire space. As the light touched the shadowy figure, fume appeared as it burned away its essence.

"The light of the traitoress!? Impudence!" It roared half shocked, half angered. "The master will know of your return! Neither you, traitoress, nor your husband is capable of stopping him. We will hunt both of you down and torture you for eternity."

"What are you yapping about a female traitor? I'm obviously a man. So, shut up and yield already! Then I will make sure that, when he consumes your soul, it will be less painful...not." Bazuul said as he appeared in front of him, returning part of the sentence the apparition threw at him earlier.

Bazuul then stretched both his hands toward the maw of shadows, forcing his will onto it, taking over control of its essence with the assistance of the silvery moonlight. The essence struggled initially but Bazuul used the moonlight to completely subdue it and shatter its will completely. Afterward, he slowly guided the essence toward the resident of the dark side in his world.

"Consume it and strengthen my world!" He said to his dark side.

~~~

Outside, Hylion was still dazed as he was not sure what had exactly happened. He could see Bazuul's skin turn darker and black spots slowly spread through his body. So much so, that at one point almost all visible skin on his body had turned black. Eventually, though, it turned back into its normal complexion. Shortly after, Bazuul regained his consciousness.