26: The First Trial

Many of the contestants, upon hearing that all under the third stage of the true qi realm were automatically disqualified didn't even line up. They stood there, merely waiting for the results, hoping to help someone from their kingdom and gain some benefits through that.

Hugo shot Bazuul one more glance and scoffed. "Well, well, is there even the need for a little boy like you to take the test? I say you should go home and entertain your mother!" Then he walked off laughing as he lined up at one of the lines.

Bazuul didn't even care about this taunt and just lined up as well.

Behind every spirit grading stone stood one of the ten judges, reading out the name, origin, and the result of each competitor that took the test. Bazuul wondered how accurate or detailed the spirit grading stone was. Considering how rare an inner world was on Ytolan among the mortal tribes. He felt reluctant to have it revealed. He wished to stay rather low-key, regardless of the interaction with this Diasian prince and princess beforehand. The problem was that, since it was so rare and he was unaware if others had an inner world too, he couldn't confirm it with the results that came before him.

Thirty minutes later and he was still waiting, from time to time feeling the gaze of some overconfident prince. At the same time, the judges continuously yelled out results. At certain times, some names would get more attention than others.

"Shu Huang, thirteen years old from Ralun, the third stage of the true qi realm. Fire element attribute and lower moderate magical affinity. Pass!"

"Corwin Bender, fifteen years old from Eras, the fourth stage of the true qi realm, earth element attribute and moderate magical affinity. Pass!"

"Brynja Donarim, sixteen years old from Donar, the sixth stage of the true qi realm, air and lightning element attribute and lower intermediate magical affinity. Pass!"

This, for example, caused some uproar, and not only because of her cultivation.

"Stage six at sixteen already, the royal house of Donar isn't playing around this time." Someone in the lines commented.

"Right. I heard the current king dotes a lot on the second princess of Donar. Dual elements, and lower intermediate magical affinity is a blessing that needs to be groomed well. No wonder!"

Understand that magical affinity was ranked into five different classes. It went from no affinity at all to an inferior affinity with which one could only learn low-level spells. Depending on the magical attribute, you could still make a good living as a worker if you weren't either a warrior or any other person of higher status in society.

After that came the moderate class and then the intermediate class. In the end, stood, of course, high magical affinity. Each of these rankings was then cut into three different qualities. For example, lower intermediate affinity, intermediate affinity if the base was full, and greater intermediate affinity if it closes in onto the next class.

"Emilia Stark, fourteen years old from Ralun, the fifth stage of the true qi realm, light element attribute and moderate magical affinity. Pass!"

This result also turned heads!

"Fourteen and the fifth stage?!" Someone exclaimed.

"Impressive!" Another one commented.

"Hugo Dias, fifteen years old from Dias, the third stage of the true qi realm and inferior magical affinity. Pass!" At this, Hugo once again shot Bazuul a look of triumph, but Bazuul could only scoff at his false pride.