12: Don't Fear The Reaper

They stood there, pale and petrified.

"Where did that brat go?! FIND HI..." The first to regain his composure yelled out. Before he could finish his sentence though, his head flew off into the crowd, as a vast amount of blood sprayed out of his neck. Among the shock even a shriek was discernible.

"Is that all...you little, insignificant things amount to?" A voice seemingly arose from the void along with a deep laughter. Leaving them even more befuddled than before. As the nerves in the headless body finally stopped working, the body also fell toward the ground. The young prince was revealed behind their fallen friend for all of them to see.

Shock, and a bit of fear overcame their bodies. Seeing a young child kill so effortlessly, fast and ruthlessly, but also remain calm. It dawned upon some of them that this might be their last day, that not everyone would be able to survive.

Yet, also anger and hatred filled their eyes. Seeing and feeling this animosity, Bazuul could not help but laugh once again.

"Well, as the good prince that I am, let me tell you this. If you're eager to die, then come at me!"

Even though, at this point Bazuul sounded confident and even more so, cocky. He actually was quite in danger, considering he was fighting almost twenty-five thugs at once, and more were still inside. Also, even though he was rather proficient with the [Flash Steps] skill, he could only create after-images three times with his [Mirage] skill, in a short amount of time. Also, both needed a good amount of concentration at this stage.

He would also have to rely on Kadi's sword training and couldn't just senselessly stomp them due to the energy consumption.

They ran at him roaring once more, some to the side, so as to circle him, but considering the distance he couldn't care less. He dashed and hacked off the fastest one's head. As he landed another one already attacked and successfully stabbed him in the back. Crackling sounds could be heard for a second and the prince suddenly shattered away. [Mirage] in action was almost ethereal in beauty, which stupefied the crowd and the one that had stabbed Bazuul. Then, a dull sound came from the ground.

"AAARG-AAAH, MY ARM!!!" the one that attacked and stuck his blade in Bazuul's back screamed. Bazuul, of course, reappeared the second after the attack right beside him and relieved him of his sword...and arm.

Another attack came, this time from the side, he blocked the blade and changed its trajectory a bit.

It landed in the neck of the one that lost his arm.

"You GUYS!!! Aren't you supposed to kill me? HAHAHA!" Bazuul mocked as he rammed his sword in another man's head from below as if an uppercut.

This went on for a while, and Bazuul also had a couple of scratches and cut marks from his opponent's weapons. On the other hand, they had already lost eleven of their men to this little devil.

In the meantime, Kadi just blocked off Thousand Flowers attacks. Even though Thousand Flowers was at the origin realm, he was only at the beginning of the first stage. Considering the rift in power each realm created, Kadi, at the third stage would have to be asleep to actually die from these sorts of attacks.

Thousand Flowers, on the other hand, was getting more and more anxious. His opponent had yet to even move from where he stood, and his attacks seemed to just repel from that guy. Causing some inner injuries to himself. His overly tanned skin slowly turned red from the shame. Anger rose and he yelled to the remaining henchman.

"What are you idiots doing?! Follow that brat, they are almost out of sight!"

They immediately ran out of the building and followed the corpses of their fellow thugs.