Chapter Eight: Liz & Caroline

A/N: This is a very short chapter. I'm having writer block. This is all I have for this chapter. Enjoy =)

3rd Person Pov

Caroline just got home back from spending the night at the Salvatore Boarding House. Caroline went into her room.

"Hello Caroline." A voice startled her.
"Katherine." Caroline said as she held onto her stomach.

Katherine looked at her confused at first. Heartbeats. She heard heartbeats. More than one. Katherine stares at Caroline's hands holding her stomach.

'Oh my god. How? I killed her. She's a vampire now.' Katherine thought to herself. 

Katherine gasped then vampsped away. Katherine's now in the woods. She stopped and leaned against the tree stump as she let a tear slip out of her eye.

~~~

"So that's how I became what I am." Caroline finish explaining to her mother.
"Wow. So these babies...they're witches?" Liz asked her daughter.
"Yeah, I guess they are." Caroline responded.

They stared at each other in silence.

"I know uh I know you won't remember anything we talked about but I'm glad we had this talk."
"Caroline, you're my daughter. I know I haven't been the best mother-" Liz started.
"No mom, you tried and that's all that matters." Caroline told her.
"You are going to be the best mother to these babies and I am so proud of the woman you have become." Liz told her daughter.
"Thanks mom, that means a lot." Caroline smiles before looking into her mother's eyes.

~~~

"So how it go?" Damon asked as Caroline came into the living room.
"It's done with." Caroline responded slouching on the couch.
"You ok?" Damon asked as he went and sat next to her.
"We had a moment. We bonded like we never did before. I felt like I actually had a mother. I ah I didn't want it to end." Caroline responded facing him.
"It doesn't have to, Caroline, you and your mother can still bond. I know it's not going to be the same way as you did today but what's stopping you from bonding with your mother?" Damon asked.

Caroline stared at him. What is stopping her from spending more time with her mother? Beside her being a vampire. Maybe Damon is right. Maybe it's time for them to spend more time with each other, like they used to before everything changed. It's not like they're gonna be here forever. Well...not Liz at least.

End of Chapter