Chapter Ten: Wait, You Can Hear Them Too?

Caroline Pov

I quickly vamp speed to the Boarding House. I don't how he knows. Or why I ran away. I just had to get away.

"Hey you ok?" A voice asked.

I turned to see Damon.

"Tyler knows." I went up to him.
"He knows what?" He asked.
"About the babies." I practically yelled at him.
"You told him?" He asked yelled.
"No, Damon I didn't tell him." I told him.
"Ok tell me what happened." Damon asked.
"It was after the transition. I went to comfort him then I saw he had a confused look on his face, then he asked if I'm pregnant. Before I could say anything he said he heard heartbeats coming from inside of me." I told him.
"He heard the heartbeats?" Damon asked.
"Yeah. How can he hear them? I thought we were the only ones that could hear them." I said loudly.

Damon didn't say anything.

"Damon?" I asked as I went and touched his arm.
"I don't know Care." He said.
"Maybe Bonnie knows...why Tyler can hear them." I said.

We just looked at each other.

~~~

"Thanks for the help Bonnie. I was just confused and freaking out why Tyler could hear them." I told her as we came into her room.
"I'm happy to help. But I would say when I found out I was concerned for you. I mean it's Damon, he's-uh nevermind." Bonnie stopped what she was saying.

I think I know why she stopped herself. After they ambushed us about The Babies, Elena almost died. We explained to them why they did what they did and that Bonnie's their main target. But Damon and I talk to them that night and said Elena and Bonnie are no threat to us.

"Bonnie, you don't have to be afraid of them. Damon and you just got off the wrong foot, and you almost killed their father, they were scared that they're not gonna have a father when they're here." I told her.
"I'm not scared of them Caroline." Bonnie said.

I gave her a face.

"Ok maybe I am scared of them, a little. Caroline they're more than just babies. They're witches. Who knows what they could do." Bonnie said. "Lay." She told me.

I laid on her bed. She's right. Who knows what these babies can do? I saw Bonnie's face.

"What?" I asked.
"There's nothing to worry about Caroline. The removed the spell that was protecting them from dying. I guess that's how Tyler could hear their heartbeats." Bonnie told me.

~~~

"Well, what did judgy say?" Damon asked as I came into the boarding house.
"They are fine. The spell they did to protect themselves have been removed. That's on Tyler could hear them." I told him as Stefan got up. "You hear them don't you?" I asked.
"Yeah." Stefan said. "Can I?" He asked.
"Sure go ahead." I said then Stefan puts his hand on my stomach.

Damon and I smiled at each other. Boy is Stefan gonna be excited when these babies arrive.

End of Chapter