i

FRIDAY
2nd of January

The sound of distinct chatter accompanied by the smell of booze was something Rose despised. The irony of it all was that it was her own party. You'd think living in LA since she was 16 would give her time to adjust to the fake smiles and fake people she had the pleasure of being around 24/7 but it didn't. It wasn't that Rose thought she was better than everyone else it was in fact that she knew she was better then everyone else. Scanning the room she could easily point out people's flaws, like that girl sipping her drink and nervous smiling only came here tonight to please her jerk of a boyfriend. Or that guy who had his arm around his friend secretly wanted to kill himself. LA was filled with airhead 20 something year olds who all have one thing in common - no direction in life.

As she was mentally judging everyone in the crowed room, she saw her roommates walk off and drag Cody with them. Typical she thought. She knew they'd get shitfaced and she'd have to deal with them at the end of the night. It was their idea to throw her a birthday bash which she did secretly appreciate but they threw it more for their entertainment. Letting out a frustrated sigh she began weaving her way through the crowd she was coming up with excuses to why she could ditch this and sit at the beach. The only thing snapping her out of her annoyed state was the sensation of cool liquid suddenly rolling down her chest. she quickly pieced together that some imbecile had just spilt his drink all over her.

Eyes glaring she focused her gaze on the culprit. Too bad she couldn't notice who it was because the thought of some strangers germs all over her expensive dress electrified her skin. She felt her heart beating and blood boiling. She made the spilt decision to let out a angry "what the fuck" and ran to the bathroom. Rose could feel herself freaking out as the thoughts of her obsessive compulsive disorder cloud her brain like fog.

"Hey" was accompanied by the sound of bathroom door opening. She tore her gaze from the mirror and was met with the same man who had just ruined her dress. "Fuck I'm sorry for the spill, me and my friends were just messing around and I didn't see you" he expressed standing on the threshold of the bathroom. Shoulders tensed and eyes narrowed Rose replied "It's a $250 dress that I brought with my minim wage salary, sorry won't do it asshole." Attempting to control her breathing she looked back to the bathroom mirror and started rubbing her dress in some desperate attempt to rid the stain his drink already left. "I'd offer to pay but I just got laid off from my minim wage job-" he began explaining in a light tone yet Rose was quick to cut him off "next time you spill your drink all over a vintage dress, make sure you can afford more than a cup of fucking noodles" with that she stormed past him leaving Noel with the thought of what the hell was that.

Noel stood there hardly processing that entire situation. It was like a hurricane had just came and destroyed his entire ego and his buzz from the booze in one go. Turning around he scanned the crowed in an attempt to find her. It wasn't as if it was some cheesy "oh my god she was mean to me and I've fallen in love with her" it was more of a "what the fuck do I think you're an entitled bitch or my soulmate." He thought to himself how funny fleeting moments are, one minute he was joking around with his buddies the next getting thrown into an existential crisis by a girl with red lipstick and 4 inch stilettos. Who the fuck wears stilettos to a kickback?

Unbeknownst to Noel it wasn't just a kickback. It was the girl with the redlipstick's birthday party. With Rose now in her shoebox sized room changing into leggings and a sweater she was quick to grab her bag and jog to the door. Mentally cursing herself out for not having a car she made the choice of going to the place where shes safest. The beach.

Noel whole mood was killed and he wasn't sure why. With his anxiety was trying to make a come up and buzz killed he took out his phone in an attempt to distract the thoughts flooding his mind. Scrolling through instagram he loaded up instagram stories, clicking through until he landed on a mutual friend of his and codys, scanning through the drunken snaps he landed on one slide that stood out which was most likely taken earlier that night.

 Scrolling through instagram he loaded up instagram stories, clicking through until he landed on a mutual friend of his and codys, scanning through the drunken snaps he landed on one slide that stood out which was most likely taken earlier that night

Now the only thing crossing his mind was oh shit.