xiv

She ended up reading his text the next morning. Ignoring the fact it made her smile she still couldn't help but let that feeling overtake her body, she laid awake the entire night just replaying that moment she first saw them. Rose can still feel her heart sink every time she remembers it. Now would be the time to admit that might have a crush but Rose is too stubborn for her own good, she may be jealous of the thought of her newfound friend eye fucking someone other than her but she draws the line at every expressing her feelings. She starts replaying all the times their eyes met or the innocent touches they've shared over a short period of time, picking them apart and overthinking. Its exhausting really. She's ripped away from her pity party as someone starts banging on her bedroom door, sighing dramatically and sitting up Rose tells whoever it is to come in knowing she could use a distraction. She furrows her eyes at the person standing on her threshold, expecting it was gonna be one of her roommates. "What the fuck are you doing here?" she questions suddenly feeling embarrassed at her state. Noel strolls over to her bed, sitting on the end he answers "checking up on you." Her walls fly up at his response, "I don't need checking up on'' she snaps. Rolling herself over the side Noel isn't blocking she walks over to her dresser in an attempt to find more suitable clothes. Making an effort to slam her draws to know she's mad at Noel's charity. "You looked upset last night" is all he says. Not wanting to put her weapons down just yet she back at him "and you looked distracted." After registering how she sounds she straightens up her posture a bit adding a "i'm fine, as i've said before Noel it's not your job to worry about me." He lays back on her bed propping herself up by his shoulders and cracks a smile "would you rather me leave you in the dirt like everyone else?" he questions finding the impending fight over him caring about her amusing. She snaps her head in his direction at his statement. "You say that with your whole chest as if you haven't known me for a month." He fakes a frown "you're right, is it too early to confess my love?"

Noel can tell Rose isn't finding this the slightest bit funny. He has to admit its fun to piss her off, every word that comes out of his mouth is a gamble like nearing a sleeping tiger. Wondering what she'll do first, pounce or bite? He can tell she's hiding the fact she's mad from her distracted comment which has to be referring to last night's antics with the girl he met. He continues his gamble, "if you're jealous Rose you can just tell me and i'm yours" knowing that there's some truth hidden between that sentence is what makes it fun. She flings a t-shirt in his direction "did you digest a crack infested coffee this morning or is it just your ADD?" she mimics his fake frown focusing on how he was just knocked off his high horse. "How did you know-" she cuts in "I didn't" smiling at the information she just got out of him. "Here I was thinking it was too early to play games'' he laughs. "Never" is all she says before turning around so her back is facing him and rips off her baggy t-shirt she normally sleeps in. They've done this before but this time she doesn't have a bra on or sleeping shirts. Noel sits there trying not to stare at her half naked body. He puts his hand over his eyes for good measure not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable even though he's sure she doesn't. She turns back around once she's dressed chuckling at Noel showing chivalry. "You're the one in my room" she tells him in confirmation she's dressed rolling her eyes at him as he takes his hand off his eyes. She reopens the door Rose didn't even realise was closed and guns straight for the coffee pot knowing she'll need it after this morning's brain exercise. Noel follows and sits at the dining table, "how long do they normally sleep in for?" he asks her, questioning the sleeping habits of her roommates. "They got back at 3:30 last night, you guess." He sighs knowing him and Cody were supposed to film something today realising that probably won't get done anytime soon. He doesn't mind though, the company of Rose is enough. She joins him at the table putting one of her knees up on her chair to take a look at her foot that has been cramping all night. She's careful not to touch the broken skin that has been bleeding and starts flexing her foot. Noel makes a joke "rough night?" to which she responds with the middle finger. Rose was about to get up before Noel tells her "what do you need, i'll get it" knowing she's in pain.