Chp. 14

Amaya's POV

"What do you mean you blacked out?"

"I had a panic attack in his kitchen, the next thing I know I'm practically breaking down your front door. What's hard to grasp?"

"The fact that you were at his house at seven in the morning."

Lupe gave me a look, I know what she thought had happened but nothing of the sort did actually happen. Thank God.

"I stayed after that bitch blindsided me. Shit I left my set up in his backyard!"

"And your car." Jose said opening the front door.

"What are you doing here?" Lupe asks.

"Came to get Amaya's keys." He reached his hand out towards me.

"Santos call me AJ." I retort and grab for my keys. "That car better get to my house in one untouched piece. Got it?" Jose snatched the keys and walked away.

Before he shut the door he mumbled, "Someone's still a fucking princess."

"DAMN RIGHT!" I yelled through the metal door.

I fell back into the couch I was sitting on. I raked my hands over my face trying to remember more of the memories which evaporated from my mind.

When I took my hands away Lupe was still staring me down.

"What?"

"Tell me what you're thinking."

"Just a small memory. Nothing more."

She huffed and fell back into the cushions with me.

"Do you want me to pull out the cards?"

I rolled my eyes. Tarot cards.

Devilish things.

"Why not? My life couldn't get any worse today!"

Lupe jumped up in excitement. I never let her do this, not when we were kids but here I sat desperate for answers.

======

"Oh bullshit!"

"I'm not saying that! The cards are!"

"The cards are saying I'll make a huge, gigantic relationship jump with someone I'm in love with! I'm not in love with anyone!" I say dryly.

"Well...."

"Well, what?!"

Lupe collects the cards from the ground and puts them away.

"Nothing. What do you wanna do now?"

"I want you to tell me what YOU'RE thinking Guadalupe."

I pulled out her real name. She hated me when I did that to her. 'It makes her feel too adult-ish' or some shit.

"I'm just saying you've been here what a week and things are weird."