Chp. 19

Amaya's POV

After that night my mom and Oscar understood more of me DJing. My mother had more concerns than questions and for her that was loco. She said as long as it didn't interfere with my responsibilities then she didn't care.

But I've been doing this for a long time so I already knew my limits for things.

The second week of school flew by.

Ruby just as he promised gave me a binder of stuff that I'd need for Mario and Angelica's wedding. 

He whispered to me that Angelica wasn't happy that I was apart of her wedding party. But Ruby said Mario wasn't gonna have it.

Geny and Abuelita wanted me to wear the same dress as the bridesmaids. Except I wasn't Angelica's pick so she and her mother were against it. So, she was just gonna let Ruby and I choose my outfit.

My binder was full of outfits; dresses, pant suits, jumpsuits, other types of clothing. Ruby told me to pick out my top three and give them to him and he'd deal with that for me. The binder was also full of hairstyles, makeup, bachelor party ideas. Everything a perfectionist aspires to be.

Friday during school I was done combing through not just my Best Woman stuff but also the twins quince binders. 

Mami really went all out.

She had Lilia and Katia in dance practice with their court starting just after my birthday in October. 

They choose a waltz for their 'Father/Daughter' dance that mami was gonna handle. Then for their court dance they choose to Salsa. Which was gonna be hilarious to watch because if I remember correctly, neither of them can dance nor Cesar from what Monse and Ruby have told me.

Right as I got home from holding detention Lupe was waiting for me.

"Que onda?" She asked.

"Nothing. Why?"

"Wanna go get a drink?" Her face was holding something back.

"Okay, let's go."

"No, you need to change and your mom said that you need to drop Sara off at Geny's."

"Pick out my clothes then. I'll get Sara over there right now."

Sara was waiting for me, by the time Lupe opened the door she skipped down the stairs. I looked over to the blue low rider that was my new best friend and waved them over.

Sara climbed in my Mustang and I walked to the end of the driveway to meet them.

"I'm just gonna drop Sara off down the street. I'll be back in like two minutes."

Nieves and Cesar exchanged a look and backed down the road to their spot.

Sara chatted about how there was a boy in her class that she liked. Luisa also liked him so they wanted to have a sleepover and debate who was gonna be his girlfriend come Monday morning.

I held back my choking laughter and just nodded to her plan. 

It was stupid. I should know.