Chp. 32

Amaya's POV

Later that night...

I had enough time between blackmailing Oscar and discussing more about Lil Ricky to get home and comfortably get ready.

When a company wine and dine's you its a big deal. They were really trying to get me to convert. Honestly I think that I might.

More money, less time DJing mindless club nights, more time to come up with beats for artists to buy and use on a song. That was the dream.

Sit on my ass in paradise and become rich.

Instead I had to go to a meeting, laugh, converse, go with someone who I was just yelling at, sign a lengthy contract and then get to paradise. But it was gonna be all worth it.

I put on a dress that I bought when I left Seattle. This was my big girl dress, for special occasions.  I think today counts.

"Did you call your lawyer?" A voice ask from my doorway

"No not yet. Why?"

"Because damn bitch look at you in that dress." I stood up in the heels I ran out to buy.

"You think so?"

"Yeah, you're gonna knock 'em dead."

"Thanks, Lupe." She came in and started fixing my hair.

"What do you want me to do to this? Your curls are ratchet. Like Rachel from elementary school ratchet. What have you been doing? Not conditioning these bitches."

"I just washed it. Products goes in right as it's damp. You taught me."

"Nah baby. This is just some jacked up shit. Go wet your hair."

"Yes, ma'am." I got up from my bed and did as she told me.

When I was done I ran back into my room with a towel and let Lupe do her job.

"Girl I gave you a spa day so use it. Come in and get a mud mask, facial, massage, a pedi, maybe fix your ratchet hair," she whispered that part, "maybe get that punani so Oscar doesn't have to roam the jungle." I turned and slapped her.

"Guadalupe! Hush, my family is home!"

"Bitch if you don't think that your sisters don't already know about sex and shit, boo you're just acting naive. And don't get me started about your Mami. Woman was a freak I bet."