Chapter 2

Next morning, Katherine was called out by the manager again. He informed her that the file she submitted last night was accepted. Katherine felt a little bit happy and went back to her desk.

"Do you know how hot is Mr. Greywood? "

"Yeah, obviously! ", Katherine heard the two ladies on her right side, gossiping. 

"If only they knew what a creep he is", Katherine muttered to herself. 

"Ladies, I'd prefer you work more and talk less", Mrs. Samantha stated as she passed by their desks. She smiled when she glanced at Katherine and walked to her own desk. The ladies continued doing their work without any other word.

Lunch break came, everyone put a stop on their work and started to head out for lunch. Since Katherine preferred eating her own cooking, she brought her own lunch. When almost everyone was gone,  she took out her lunch box.

"I'm so hungry!", exclaimed Katherine as she opened up the lid.

"What are you eating?", asked a familiar voice.

Katherine looked up to see 'the Great George Greywood', standing next to her desk. She hurriedly closed the lid and stood up from her seat.

"It's nothing,  shouldn't you be heading out for lunch or something? "

He chuckled, "Are you hiding your lunch?"

"No!... Why would I do that?", she asked nervously. 

Fortunately for Katherine, before the young man could say anything, his phone started to ring.  He excused himself as he took out his phone and walked away. 

When Katherine found the coast clear, she sat back on her chair and opened up the lid again. She took out her sandwiches and galloped them one by one.

A few moments later, she heard the chiming of the elevator. 'People must be coming back!', Katherine thought and quickly put her lunch box away.

When she glanced at the glass door, she caught the brunet staring at her. When their eyes met, he smiled and walked away.

The weekend came, Katherine and her friends gathered at their usual spot. They ordered burgers, pizza, colkata and drinks. (Colkata was a traditional dish of their country consisting of spiced fruits curry, served with the fried rice). 

They all discussed about how their week went and stuffs. Edward noticed that Katherine had been quite silent.

"Is everything okay?", Edward asked. Katherine just nodded in agreement, but Edward knew her well so he compelled her to speak the truth.

"Fine! I'm not feeling too good", Katherine sighed but continued, "I met this creepy guy and guess what? He turned out to be the CEO,  George Greywood! "

"Ooh~", everyone said, which meant they had also become the part of this conversation. 

"So, your CEO is creepy?", Dennis asked, "Isn't what every CEO is?"

"Not every CEO!" , Maria chirped in, "Sometimes they are ikemen too." (Ikemen is a Japanese term for handsome man).

"Only in games!", Dennis intrupted. 

"He wasn't handsome at all!", Katherine exclaimed, "He looked like a creepy pervert to me!"

"Maybe he wasn't your type!", Steven also jumped in the conservation.

"Of course, everyone has their own preferences. ", Julia added.

"That's the exact reason why Kat is single!", Maria spoke up.

"Shut the fuck up you all!", Katherine exclaimed flustered. 

Everyone started laughing and made lame jokes. Katherine quarrelled with each of them but stopped when Edward intrupted, " I think you all should let her be"

"But Ed!", Maria protested. 

" No buts, besides it's getting late", he said glancing at his smart phone, "We all should be heading home now"

They all agreed and decided to leave. When Katherine reached her home, it was already late. Suddenly her phone buzzed with a message. The message was from an unknown number, it said : Hi!

Katherine had an idea of whom this number could belong to. That's why she decided that, for now she should ignore this message. But the phone beeped a again with another message : It's me George

After seeing this message, she was now confirmed. She tapped on her phone's screen to block the number. 'Now he'll know not to mess with me!', Katherine thought. 

But it was just Katherine's mistake that was going to become a big blunder in her life. 

A/n: Votes and comments are appreciated.