Chapter 3

Starting next week, Katherine was nominated for a big project along with Mrs. Samantha. Mrs. Samantha had been the employee of the year for 3 consecutive years.

Katherine was eager to work on it as soon as she was assigned the project. Mrs. Samantha, on other hand, carefully took steps as she didn't want the young blonde to overwork herself.

The project was due after five days, so they kept the pace slow and steady. They managed to finish the project in four days and the only thing left, was the manager's approval.

Next day, Katherine hurriedly dashed to her office. When she arrived at her department, everyone started staring her for a while. Her eyes fell on Mrs. Samantha, their eyes met for an instance and then Mrs. Samantha looked away. Katherine got flabbergasted and moved towards her desk.

"Why is everyone staring at me? ", she muttered and checked her appearance again and again. 

Few minutes later, the manager walked in. Everyone stood up and greeted him. Then the manager suddenly stopped in front of Katherine's desk.

"Ms. Katherine, you've been called by Mr. Greywood. "

"What?... But why?", Katherine asked nervously. 

"That you'd know after paying a visit there", the manager replied and walked away. 

Katherine went to the CEO's office. 'That bastard! I'll kick him on his face if he tried to pull anything funny!', Katherine thought before stopping in front of the door. She sighed and knocked the door.

"Come in", the reply came.

Katherine opened the door and came inside, shutting the door behind. 

"You called, sir?", she asked nonchalantly. 

"Yes, have a seat please", the young man gestured her towards the guest seat. When Katherine took a seat, he continued, "You would be glad to know that I've promoted you to a higher status"

"What?... Why would you promote me?", Katherine asked. 

"From now on, you are my personal secretary", he smiled.

"What about the project that I was working on?", Katherine questioned again. 

"That is none of your problem now, Ms. Katty", George stated coldly.

"But...!", Katherine tried to argue but he gave her cold glares that sent shiver down her spine.

After a few seconds later, he went back to his smiling form and ordered two cups of coffee to his room.

"What would I have to do?", Katherine asked hesitantly. 

"Here", George handed her a digital notepad, "All my schedule is in here. You just need to remind me that I follow this."

Katherine analysed the schedule thoroughly and found that the slots were empty for today till lunch time.

"Why the slots are empty for today?", Katherine inquired. 

The ash brown haired man chuckled, "Why don't we fill it then?" He stood up from his seat and walked towards Katherine. He pulled her up from the chair and said, "let's go for shopping."

"Wait! ", Katherine exclaimed when George tried to pull her, "What if I say no? What if I don't want to be your secretary?!" 

George smiled wickedly, "Do you think you have any choice over here? " 

Katherine pulled her hand from his grasp and said, "Of course, I will quit. "

When Katherine tried to leave, George grabbed her wrist again. Katherine tried to pull her hand but this time his grip was too strong.