Chapter 11

"These are the reports you said you wanted to check", Katherine stated as she placed the file on George's desk.

"Hmm....", George observed the contents of the file carefully. "Oh yes, I want you to give that file to the production department", he said gesturing at the other file lying on the table.

"Alright", Katherine said and picked up the file. She left the room and checked the schedule in her tablet. She bumped into someone and almost fell when someone held her in his arm.

Katherine looked up to see a handsome man who had dark brown hair and deep black eyes. He helped her to get back on her feet.

"T-thank you", Katherine muttered while blushing and pulled herself away from the man.

"Oh my.... I've not even stepped inside the office and all the ladies have been bumping into me", the man said with a grin.

"What?", Katherine asked but before he man could say anything further, George stepped in between the two.

"Yes, I'm really grateful that you have been kind to my employees", the young CEO stated.

The other man laughed, "George, you sure have grown up."

"Same to you, Mr. Samuel."

"Are we going to be formal now?", Mr. Samuel asked.

George smiled and motioned him towards his office,"Let's talk inside, shall we?"

"Of course", the other man said and walked away. Before going after the man, George whispered to the blonde, "Send someone to get some tea and do not come until I tell you."

 Saying this, George left and Katherine nodded to herself. She asked the receptionist to send someone to bring tea to Mr. George's room and went to the production department.

Meanwhile in Mr. George's office, tea was served to both of the men sitting in the office.

"It's been a while", Samuel stated as he took a sip of the tea.

"What brought you here, Mr. Samuel?", George asked.

Putting his cup on the table the dark haired man leaned back on the chair. "It's not like I wanted to come... but you know my dad, right?"

"He insisted that I give your company a visit, as you know my dad and your mom have a partnership and stuff."

George nodded and Samuel continued, "You know that I don't have any keen interest in taking over the business, neither Sally and Nathaniel."

"So, only your dear friend Daniel likes to lick our father's boots", Samuel said with a sly grin.

George smiled, "And yet your father still send you to pay a visit, just like people send their dogs to fetch mere objects."

Samuel's grin dropped and he quickly took a big sip from the cup. "Oh yeah! Who was that blonde, by the way?", Samuel tried to change the subject.

George smiled wickedly, "She is my personal secretary." When Samuel nodded, George continued, "I heard from one of her friends, she do karate chops on people who try to approach her in that way."

"What way?", Samuel asked bashfully. George smirked and Samuel began to laugh nervously. "Of course, I know."

He then stood up from his seat, "I'll be going then." George smiled and motioned him towards the door. Samuel quickly fled the room asap.

Katherine knocked on the door and stepped inside when George permitted. "Who was that guy?"

"He was Daniel's eldest brother, Samuel Stonehearth", George notified.

"Oh", Katherine nodded, "I have made an order for you from the place you asked earlier, it will arrive in some minutes."

George nodded and smile as he got up from his seat. He came to the blonde and held her hands in his own.

"You are not hurt, right?", he asked.

Katherine blushed but replied, "I am fine, I didn't fell or anything."

George smiled and lead her to the couch, "It's a good thing that I reached there on time or else..."

"Or else what?", Katherine asked pulling her hands away from him, "I can handle myself well."

After reaching home, Katherine threw away her stuff and laid down on the couch. She took out her phone and checked her social media account.

"It's all boring", Katherine stated nonchalantly. As she was scrolling down, she spotted a picture of Mr. Samuel from earlier. She saw that it was posted by Terra.

'How does she know him?', Katherine thought.

She shared the picture in in her group and asked;

Who is this guy?

A reply came from Terra:

How come you don't know him??? 

He is the hottest guy in our country

What?!

Terra: Yup!

Dennis: Hahaha only Kat wouldn't know these kind of people.

Katherine got angry and typed aggressively;

Tell me who is he or y'all dead!!

They all start sending laughing emojis making Katherine angrier, when Julia messaged :

It's Samuel Stonehearth

 Augustia's famous actor and model.

 Oh

Thanks

She tossed her phone away. 'Rich people', Katherine wondered and went to the kitchen to make something for dinner.

"Here is the file you asked for", Katherine said, handing her boss the file.

George took the file and smiled, "We will go for shopping, after I finish this."

"Oh", Katherine said as she sat on a nearby chair and scanned her tablet.

After some moments, George asked his secretary to put the file away.

"Let's go, shall we?", George said fixing his coat as Katherine held the door for him.

"What are you going to buy?", Katherine asked once they stepped inside the elevator.

George smirked and replied, "Engagement ring." Katherine was so shocked that she almost lost her balance but George held her.

Katherine felt herself blushing as she pulled herself away from the brunet.

'Isn't he going way too fast?', Katherine thought as she panicked internally. 'No, maybe he is buying it for someone else', she argued with herself.

Katherine and George stepped out of the lift and headed to the parking area. During the ride, George asked, "What colour of the ring do you suggest?"

"I do not know!", the blonde blurted out, "Um...I mean..I do not know what you mean."

George chuckled, "You will know soon."

 "Huh?", Katherine wondered, 'What's that suppose to mean?!'

Katherine was confused as to why Mr. George suddenly want to buy an engagement ring.

A/n: Votes and Comments are appreciated.