Chapter 10

"I hope you had a nice day", Katherine said to her boss as he entered the building along with the brown haired beauty.

"Yes, indeed", George smiled slyly, "Let's meet in the conference room."

Katherine nodded as the CEO passed by her. Katherine scowled but smiled at the brown haired girl.

"I talked to George about that", Gloria said with a weak voice,"George had agreed to help me pay for my father's treatment, but, I told him that I'll pay him back."

"Good", Katherine grinned, "If you ever need help, you ca always contact me."

"Thank you, I'll try my best to find a decent job", Gloria grinned back, "I will be going then, later."

She turned around to leave but, stopped and asked, "By the way, why didn't you come with us for lunch earlier?"

Katherine chuckled, "Well, actually I prefer to eat my own lunch but since Mr. Greywood enjoys his food at restaurants, I feel bad to not give him company. So, I accompany him but this time he already had company."

Gloria giggled at this and said, "I see... Well, I will be going then!" Waving her goodbye, the brunette left.

After the meeting, George discussed with Katherine about the work. Katherine nodded as they walked towards the parking lot.

George sat inside his car and drove off. It was quite weird for Katherine as George had always insisted to drop her at her home. "He's been acting strange", Katherine muttered to herself.

Next day, when Katherine came o the office, she observed people wearing red and similar shades. She went straight to the office and found Mr. Greywood also wearing a red shirt with his suit. 'It seems like I'm the only one who doesn't know what's going on here ', she thought.

"Good morning, Sir", she greeted as she entered.

The brunet nodded and asked her to bring him some files. Katherine nodded and complied. The half of the day was spent working without George's flirting, until lunch time came.

"Let's go", he stated as he walked outside the door and Katherine just followed.

When they entered the restaurant, Katherine observed that it was decorated with all red and hearts. 'Is it Valentine's?', she wondered. They were shown a table of two.

When they both got seated, George handed her a gift wrapped in a red gift paper. "Here, it's for you", he said with his usual smile.

Katherine got baffled, "Wait... why?"

George smiled and looked down, "It's because I...."

"Sir, would you like to make an order?", the waitress interjected.

"Ah...Yes", George stuttered and placed orders  for both of them. Katherine tried to refuse but George ignored all of her protests. The waitress excused herself and left.

"Why are you all of a sudden treating me like this?", Katherine pouted.

George chuckled, "I wanted to thank you, you have been really helpful to me...so I.. wanted you to know that..... I'm grateful."

"Oh", Katherine said, "It's good or else.... I'd have thought you are giving me a Valentine gift."

George laughed out, "It's Valentine's day, so you can also consider that."

Katherine scowled, "I do not like Valentine's day!"

When their meal was served, they ate in silence. After ordering for dessert, he asked the blonde, "Do you like the food here?"