Chapter 6

"It was a pleasure meeting you", Katherine said with a forced smile. 

"Yes, I'm glad George has a reliable secretary like you", Gloria replied. 

After saying goodbyes, they head back to the office. "We finally met after three years", George broke the ice, "We have been best friends since middle school". Katherine didn't say anything, but nodded. 

For few days, things went to normal routine. On Saturday, George notified the blonde secretary that he will be attending a party, the other day.

"So?", Katherine asked plainly as she arranged the files in order. 

"You will also accompany me", he replied, "It's during lunch time".

Katherine rolled her eyes, "Are you saying, you can't go to a party without me?"

George smiled while Katherine just gritted her teeth. "Alright!", she exclaimed, "But don't expect me to wear anything formal".

"You can dress as you want", George said, "You will look good anyway ".

'What the hell?! ', Katherine thought as her cheeks turned slightly pink. She looked away and continued arranging the files.

The lunch party was being held at the same fancy restaurant. During the drive to the restaurant, Katherine noted the same bag, that George bought on the most unfortunate day of her life.

They reached the restaurant and were shown the reserved floor. George went ahead to greet his friends, while Katherine just followed him lazily. 

All the men were in expensive suit, including George, while all the women wore fancy gowns. Katherine was in her usual business suit attire. She noticed that there were total six people, excluding her. 

Among the three ladies, one of them was Gloria. The auburn haired girl had dressed up in a beautiful peach coloured gown. Her hair were tied up in a bun and yet, she still looked beautiful.

When Gloria's eyes fell upon the blonde, she immediately approached her. "Katherine, how have you been?", she asked holding the blonde's hands.

" I. .. am.. fine", Katherine replied nervously. 

The brunette grinned and soon the other two ladies joined them too. One had black silky hair and looked like an Asian. She was wearing a red mini dress. The other one had strawberry blond hair and was taller than the first girl. She was wearing a pink gown.

"Who's she, Gloria? ", the dark haired girl asked rudely. 

"Oh!... She's Katherine, my friend and George's secretary", the brunette informed. "Katherine, meet Anna. She's half Asian and her mother runs an oriental restaurant."

"Nice to meet you", Katherine said while Anna just shrugged, "Whatever".

'What's with the fucking attitude? ', Katherine thought. Gloria then gestured towards the strawberry blonde lady, "Katherine, she's Rita Bonington. Do you know, her father is the prime minister?"

Katherine's eyes widened and her jaw almost dropped. 'What the actual fuck! ', she thought. 

"Nice to meet you, Ms. Katherine", Rita said politely. 

"Yeah... It's an honour to meet you, Ms. Bonington", Katherine returned the greeting by forcing a smile on her face. 

"Oh! I see you all have already introduced each other?", George asked as he approached the ladies along with two men.