Chapter 8

"I do not think it would be appropriate of me to stay at my employer's place", Katherine stated as she tried to back away from George's car.

"I do not think it would be ", George replied plainly. 

"I would stay at my friend's place then!", exclaimed the blonde girl.

"Then I can drop you at your friend's place ", George suggested and motioned her to sit in the car

"N-no need! ", Katherine stammered a bit, "My friend lives nearby". Saying this, she quickly made a dash out of the parking lot. She saw a convenience store nearby and dashed inside.

There she hid herself behind the racks and peeked through the window to see if George's car passes by. After a few moments later, George's black Audi passed by the store. She then escaped the store and hurried to the bus stop.

When the bus reached her stop, she stepped outside of the bus and sighed. "I managed to survive tonight, I guess", she told herself as she walked towards the building. 

On her way, she encountered a man trying to snatch a woman's purse.

"Hand it over to me already!", he yelled.

"No, please! I am not that rich", the woman pleaded.

"Shut up, before I decide to get rid of you!", the man shouted as he placed a hand gun at the woman's forehead. The woman let go of her purse and the man ran away but, Katherine came in his way.

"What's the hurry for, huh?", Katherine asked as she punched him in the stomach and kept on punching and kicking him until the man could no longer stand.

The police came by and arrested the man. Martin also came along and thanked Katherine.

"You are so brave Ms.Katherine", he complimented. "Many people just run away."

"No.... it's nothing", Katherine said with a slight blush, "I just followed my gut feeling."

Katherine went inside her apartment and sighed, "What a fucking day it was!"

She threw her bag and blazer aside and hopped on her couch. As she took out her phone, she texted Ed:

Had a worst day ever!

But to Katherine's dismay, Ed's reply didn't came and because of all the adrenaline rushing in her body, she felt like crying. She went to take out her lunch box from her bag and sighed as their freshness was long gone.

"What did I ever do to suffer a life like this?!", she asked herself. She then microwaved her sandwiches and pour herself a drink. She took out a piece of paper and started to write:

Dear Dad, 

How have you been? I know you will be happy wherever you'll go.

I wanted to tell you that my life isn't going easy. I fought with mom and started a new life alone. I thought modeling is boring and stuff so, I wanted to pursue something interesting. But, maybe happiness isn't written in my fate. I should have known, life alone, can never be easy.

But don't worry, I won't give up yet and will teach that George bastard a lesson or two! Take care of me from wherever you are.

Your beloved daughter,

Katherine Blazeheart

She wiped off her tears as she folded the letter into the envelope. She ate the sandwiches and went to bed.