Chapter Twelve

If anyone had told me I was making the biggest mistake of my life, I wouldn't have questioned them. I didn't know what was worse — being in a relationship with a jinn or the drama that came with it. I couldn't do things freely knowing Aashiq was watching my every move.

I got up from my bed and peeled my clothes off of my body. I had fallen asleep in them last night. I walked tiredly into the bathroom and ran the shower. I looked at my reflection in the mirror. My eyes were bloodshot and swollen. My hair was in a tangled mess. I held the urge to burst out crying again.

"Don't cry my dear Aisha, remember I love you and I'll always do." I felt a hand move some strands of hair away from my face. I knew that voice too well.

Aashiq.

I didn't move. I stood still as his fingers gently trailed down my bare skin.

"You're so beautiful, Aisha." He leaned down and placed feathery kisses on my neck. I shivered from the feel of his lips on my neck. It felt weirdly good, but I knew better than to allow it.

"Aashiq stop!" I moved away from him and pulled my towel up to my chest.

"You know you cannot keep me from touching you. Right, habibty?" I cringed at the word of endearment he called me. Habibty was something I always wanted to be called by my husband, not a stupid jinn.

     "I can hear your thoughts Aisha." he hissed. I held my towel tightly against my chest and stared at him.

     "Go ahead and take your shower." he smirked. It was pointless arguing with him because he could go invisible and stare creepily at my nakedness. I kept my towel on the railing and stepped into the shower, then drew the curtain closed.

     As the hot water ran down my face, my tears fell freely. I had signed a contract with the devil himself. After a long while, I wrapped my towel around me and stepped out of the shower. Aashiq wasn't in the bathroom so I concluded he had disappeared to wherever jinns disappeared off to.

     I jumped when I felt his hand wrap around my body from behind.

     "You need to stop doing this. Please." I said softly. His eyes softened and he nodded. He disappeared into thin air and I breathed out a sigh of relief. As I stepped into the room, I groaned loudly. Aashiq sat on my bed with his legs propped up on the headboard.

     "What's up, habibty?" I ignored him and sat in front of my dresser. I creamed my body and applied makeup to cover the bags under my eyes. When I was done, I looked presentable. I could feel his eyes on me but I ignored him. I put on an abaya and styled my hijab nicely.

     "You look beautiful." he complimented me. No guy had ever complimented me so it kind of felt good hearing one do. No idiot! You shouldn't be thinking that way.

     "You look beautiful Aisha." he repeated.

     "I heard you the first time Aashiqui or Aashiq or whatever your stupid annoying name is." I hissed.

     "You know you shouldn't talk to your boyfriend this way." He frowned at me.

     "Ha! Boyfriend my ass!" I flipped him the bird and banged the door in his face. Preeta appeared in front of me with a murderous look on her face. Fear gripped my insides and I swallowed the saliva that had miraculously gathered in my mouth.

     "You ungrateful bitch!" she snarled. Aashiq stood beside her, smirking down at me.

     "Aashiq you know I didn't mean what I said inside. Couples do have fights, right?" I smiled nervously.

     "Yes, habibty. Come here," he opened his arms and I reluctantly went in for a hug.

     "We're good Preeta. You don't have to scare the poor girl like this." Preeta huffed and disappeared into thin air.

     Immediately she disappeared, I pulled myself out of the hug. "Aashiq if we're going to continue with this deal, we may as well have some dos and don'ts."

     "Let's talk over breakfast." he said, then held out his hand for me to take. I glared at him but took his hand anyway. When we got to the reception, I pulled my hand away from him and walked over to the receptionist.

     "I'm sorry about last night." I said, smiling sadly.

     She looked at me in confusion. "What happened last night?"

     "What do you mean by what happened last night?" I asked her.

     "I really have no idea what you're talking about." she replied.

     "And the guy over there?" I asked her. She looked towards Aashiq and looked back at me strangely.

     "There's no one there."

     I face palmed and huffed loudly. "You know what? Never mind."

     I stormed outside to see Aashiq leaning on a mini cooper.

     "What did you do to the receptionist?" I demanded.

     "I sort of wiped her memory from last night. Come on in." He opened the passenger's seat for me to get in. I folded my arms across my chest and glared at him. He sighed and pushed me into the car, then shut the door. When he got into the driver's side, I hissed at him.

     "Where do you want to go?" I ignored him and turned on the radio. Cardi B's Press was playing and I tuned into the next station. I wasn't a fan of Cardi. My queen was Nicki Minaj. Aashiq changed it back to Cardi's song. I changed the station again and he changed it back. I slammed my hand angrily on the stereo and it broke.

     "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to break your radio." I said softly. He ignored me and drove in silence.

     "Aashiq." I called. He didn't even spare me a glance. He looked straight ahead until we got to the parking lot of the cafe. He got down and banged the door behind him. I got down and ran after him.

     "Please forgive me. I don't want you to get angry because you will hurt me if you do."

     He looked at me and shook his head. "Is that what you think about me? That I'm some kind of monster? I would never hurt you Aisha. My sister has been the one actually torturing your life, not me. I tried acting cute by switching the stations to annoy you but you broke my radio. Maybe if you give me a chance and get to know the real me, you wouldn't act this way towards me."

     "Aren't you a monster?" I asked.

     "Was that all you got from everything I said?"

     I smiled sheepishly, "Well, yes Aashiq. You're a monster!"