Chapter Twenty-One

RAZIA'S POV

She didn't move.

"Aisha!" I shook her violently. She still didn't move.

"Leave her alone," The raqi said. "She'll wake up much later."

"Are you sure?"

"Leave her."

I got up and walked back to Nabeelah who was crying. I pulled her into my arms and soothed her back.

     "Everything will be fine." I said softly.

     "In shaa Allah."

     "Where will we sleep tonight?" I asked Dr Naseer.

     "I didn't think about that." he answered.

     "The girls can sleep in the spare bedroom while you take the couch here." The raqi said.

     "Thank you."

     Nabeelah and I took turns using the bathroom in the spare room. Good thing we packed a few clothes from the hostel since we didn't know how long we'd be staying.

"How about Aisha?" Nabeelah asked me.

"She'll shower when she wakes up." I said and stretched my legs across the bed. It was big enough for the three us to sleep in.

"I'm hungry. Do you think the raqi has food?"

I chuckled and hit Nabeelah playfully. "Of course! How would he survive without food?"

A knock on the door interrupted us. We looked at each other and I shrugged. I put a veil over my head and answered the door. It was Abbas, one of the raqi's guys. In his hands was a tray of food.

"The cook just made this. The raqi said you should eat and not worry about Aisha. She'll eat when she wakes up."

"Thank you." I smiled and collected the food tray from him, then shut the door.

"Alhamdulillah! Finally we get to eat some food." Nabeelah sighed dramatically. I rolled my eyes and placed the tray on the bedside stool.

"I am so sleepy." I yawned.

"Same. But we should eat first." I nodded and dug into the food. It was surprisingly very tasty. I wondered where they got food from because there were no houses or stores around. I didn't care though. All I wanted to do was sleep for at least eight hours and wake up to a breakfast buffet.

***

I stirred in my sleep when I heard the room door open. Aisha walked in, yawning tiredly.

     "You're awake." I said softly so as not to disturb Nabeelah.

     "What happened to me?" Aisha asked.

     "You should probably go to sleep. We'll talk in the morning."

"But-" she started. I cut her off with a wave of my hand.

"Go to sleep Aisha."

She mumbled something incoherent and climbed into the bed. I was going to ask her to shower first but she looked too exhausted so I let her sleep.

The sound of the adhan woke us up in the morning. I swiped the notification away and sat up in the bed, yawning tiredly.

"Good morning," Nabeelah said, rubbing her eyes.

"Morning habibti. Did you sleep well?" I asked her.

"Of course not. I was scared something was going to come out of nowhere." she frowned and I chuckled.