Chapter Fourteen

It was almost two months since Aashiq and I begun dating officially, if I could call it that. I still wasn't used to his unannounced appearances. Rather than being scared, I got irritated instead. He would pop up to take me out for breakfast every morning and dinner in the evenings. When I didn't have afternoon classes, he took me to lunch. As much as I hated to admit it, Aashiq was quite sweet. If he wasn't a jinn, I'd have been happy to be his girlfriend.

Like he promised, Preeta never showed up again to torment me. The past two months had been the most peaceful I've had in months.

***

"Wakey wakey sleepy head." I groaned and opened my eyes a little. I shot up when I saw Aashiq grinning down at me.

"What did I tell you about appearing unannounced?" I frowned.

"Sorry. I couldn't help but watch you sleep all night." he smirked.

"What?"

"I watched you sleep all night." he shrugged like it was normal to watch someone sleep.

"That's creepy Aashiq."

"Why are you still in bed? You have a class by nine." he said.

"And what time is it?" I asked.

He flashed me a toothy grin and showed me his phone.

"It's just six in the morning for crying out loud!" I cried. Aashiq chuckled and pulled at my cheeks.

     "You look so cute when you sleep." I huffed and pushed his hand away, then pointed to the door as I said,

     "Please leave my room. I'll wake up whenever I feel like and get ready for class. By the way, I have a lab session from nine to two in the afternoon, not a class."

"I don't care what you call it. Get ready for breakfast." I groaned and got up from my bed. I really was enjoying my sleep but Aashiq had to ruin it.

After taking a shower, I put on a denim and a top over my body. I applied a little makeup, then put my lab coat in my backpack.

"Ready?" Aashiq asked.

"Yeah." I answered.

He took my hand in his and we walked outside to his car. It was a red Chevrolet Camaro 2019 edition. I began to wonder just how rich he was. The last time I saw him, which was yesterday, he pulled up in a BMW i8.

"Aashiqui, how many cars do you own?" I asked him as I strapped myself into the passenger's seat.

"Just the mini cooper. I get bored driving the same car so I rent whichever one I feel like driving." he replied and I nodded. He didn't bother complaining about me calling him Aashiqui. It did make sense he rented cars because I would go crazy if he owned all the expensive sport cars I saw him with.

"What are you doing after your lab session?" he asked, turning into the street that led to the diner we always had breakfast at.

"Going to sleep, why?"

"There's a party at my friend's place. I'd love you to come."

     I rolled my eyes. "You know how much I hate parties."

     "But when I asked you to go to the halloween party with me, you didn't decline." A small blush crept unto my cheeks but was soon wiped away as memories of that night came flooding in. I could see the evil grin on Aashiq's face as he tore up that black crow with his teeth. The way Preeta almost got me killed. I frowned.