1

ROYAL BLOOD
— 1. Powerless

     It had been two days since Arthur Plantagenet, King of England, had been killed at the Battle of Bosworth alongside his brother, Prince Thomas, and their uncle, Richard, Duke of Gloucester

     It had been two days since Arthur Plantagenet, King of England, had been killed at the Battle of Bosworth alongside his brother, Prince Thomas, and their uncle, Richard, Duke of Gloucester. It left Nora, Lizbeth, Katherine, and George on their own to determine their fate.

Give in and pledge their loyalty to the House of Tudor or continue to fight. As expected, they chose the latter. They were Yorks, after all. They did not quake in fear. Nor would they ever.

     Outside of Bedford Castle, Lizbeth stood in the gardens made in her sister's memory, tears welled in her eyes. She closed her eyes, finding herself thinking of the brothers she had lost at the Battle of Bosworth. Arthur and Thomas. 

Out of all her siblings, they had always been her favorites. They were the three oldest of their parents' children. No matter what, they always had each other's back and now, she was the only one left standing.

Now, she was expected to marry the man responsible for their deaths. It was official now, after all. She would have to marry Henry Tudor, despite the fact that he was the reason her brothers were dead.

It didn't settle well with her nor her mother, that was for sure. They wanted their vengeance and both of them would do anything to do get it.

    Her eyes closed, flashes of the happy moments she had with her brothers running through her mind. However, it didn't take long for her mind to instead be consumed by the images of Grace dying in her arms and the sight of Bosworth Field as she was forced to run through it after punching Henry Tudor and killing six of his men.

The sight of Bosworth Field and the carnage left upon it was what pained her most of all. She had never seen so many dead bodies before. She was just glad she hadn't come across the bodies of anyone she knew.

  Feeling someone place a hand on her shoulder, Lizbeth opened her eyes and turned her head. It was Lizzie standing before her, wearing a sympathetic look on her face.

"How are we supposed to live through this, Lizzie?" She asked in a whisper, tears threatening to spill from her eyes, "We've lost everything."

"Not everything," Lizzie assured her, a soft smile on her face, "We still each other. And your mother. And our brother George. He is, after all, the rightful king of England. The people of England love your mother. They always have. If she rises up with George, people from both sides will switch to our side. He should be the one on the throne, not Henry Tudor. They will agree with us on that."

"The mother isn't the same after losing so much," Lizbeth sighed, shaking her head in disagreement. She didn't think her mother was capable of plotting like she used to without being caught. Not after everything she had been through. 

"She has changed. And yes, she has lost a lot, which makes her even more dangerous now since she has almost nothing to lose. Unlike them," Lizzie explained with a small, comforting smile on her face, "Lady Margaret Beaufort is afraid of your mother. We all know it. She is the one we have to defeat and your mother is the only one truly capable of doing such a thing."