42

ROYAL BLOOD
— 42. Murderer 

     Outside, in the gardens at Westminster, Kathy, Harry, and Arthur stood together, practicing archery

Outside, in the gardens at Westminster, Kathy, Harry, and Arthur stood together, practicing archery. Lizbeth stood near them, watching as her eldest children shot arrows into their targets.

Margaret hadn't been happy about Henry allowing his daughter to join her brothers in such activities, but as always, the moment his daughter begged him to do so, he allowed it.

Lizbeth wanted to cry as she watched Arthur and Harry shoot their bows with their sister. All she could think about was the curse. It was all she thought about lately. She found herself thinking of nothing else.

"Kathy, stop it, give me the arrow," Harry complained, trying to take the arrow away from his sister while Arthur's eyes wandered over to their mother.

She was worried about something, he could feel it and if she was that worried, he knew it meant everyone else should be worried as well.

However, the moment Kathy's bow hit him the back of the head while Kathy and Harry fought over the arrow she was holding, Arthur's attention went back to his younger siblings.

The three of them laughed as they play fought each other while Lizbeth turned to Sir Richard, "I want the princes busy at their favorite pursuits today. Their sister may join them," She ordered and Richard nodded as he turned to face her, "They can do what they want, but they must be kept occupied."

"Your Grace," he responded, nodding his head in understanding.

Lizbeth's attention immediately went to Maggie as she joined the group, seeing as though she hadn't seen her the entire day. "I looked for you, earlier," She complained as Maggie politely curtsied, "Before it was light, I could not find you."

Maggie looked up at her cousin, trying to force a smile. "I was here," She lied in a calm tone, "I was walking in the courtyard. The smell of burning made me feel ill."

"Where is Cathy Gordon?" Lizbeth suddenly asked as Maggie began to walk away.

Maggie slowly turned to face Lizbeth, trying to hide her uneasiness. "I do not know, Your Grace. I have not seen her," She replied as she shook her head.

She sent Lizbeth an awkward smile, just before walking over to Harry, Arthur, and Kathy. She watched as Kathy shot an arrow, which ended up making the bullseye.

"Oh, well done, Princess Katherine!" Maggie praised the young girl, a large smile on her face as she clapped.

Kathy's lips curled upwards as she turned to Arthur with a daring look. "Try beating that, big brother," She mocked him and Harry giggled.

"Haha, Arthur. Kathy's a girl and even she beat you," Harry teased his brother, who rolled his eyes at his younger siblings.

"Harry, Kathy, stop bullying your brother," Lizbeth scolded her son and daughter, both of which turned to their mother in disbelief.