25

ROYAL BLOOD
— 25. To The Future

 To The Future

On the battlefield, opposing men prepared for the battle. Henry was kneeling on the ground, his sword stabbed into the dirt. It was the sword he used in the Battle of Bosworth and carried all his life. The one that had been Nora's, to begin with.

He knew it was wrong of him to use but it was the one he had used all his life and in truth, a part of him did it solely to piss the woman off.

He knew she'd be caught off if she saw him using the sword that her father's in the first place.

With his hands folded together, Henry stared up at the sky and prayed to God for a victory.

On the York side of the battlefield, Nora wore a black dress to indicate her mourning. However, it was a dress that clung to her body tightly and the top part of it that covered her chest almost looked like armor, but of which was made from leather.

She saw all her men preparing for battlefield, but she did not smile.

No, she didn't smile anymore. Not out of happiness, at least. She hadn't genuinely smiled since before Katherine's death. She knew she'd never be happy again. Not while Margaret and Henry were live.

Henry, who cost her her eldest daughter, and Margaret, who cost her everything else that went wrong in her life.

She held a white rose in her hand as she walked over to Lambert, who sat upon his horse, looking worried.

A part of her pitied the boy, knowing she had the chance of causing his death, but she tried her best to hide it.

She looked up at the boy and forced a fake smile, holding out the rose to him.

The boy looked down at it in confusion for a long moment, just before he finally grabbed it.

Nora stared at him for a long moment, just before finally walking away to find Lizzie and Margaret.

When the battle had begun, the Yorks found themselves outnumbered, but still, they fought on. De la Pole had been the first to die, even before Tudor's calvary arrived. It had been an arrow to the neck and Lambert found himself feeling terrified.

When the forces collided, both Lovell and Lambert had been forced to defend themselves on foot.

It didn't take long for Lovell to die as well, leaving Lambert alone in the battle.

Nora had watched on from afar, sitting upon her horse alongside Margaret, Lizzie, and a few of their most trusted men.

Just as Henry had promised, he had led his men onto the battlefield, but did not fight himself.