15

ROYAL BLOOD
— 15. Burgundy

 Burgundy

     When Henry was forced to ride back to London, he felt ashamed by the way the Progress ended up. "How glorious do I look now? Skulking home in shame like the exile that I am, because I brought the Sweat to England."

"That boy has been locked up and will be dealt with," Margaret informed Henry in a calm tone, "We shall set up a private guard to keep you safe."

They continued to ride forward, only to stop when a large band of peasants appeared in front of them, blocking the road.

"Guards! Guards!" Sir William shouted, causing the guards to unsheathe their swords, "Get back! Get back from the King!"

Despite that, however, the small folk did not listen.

"Are you deaf?!" Lord Stanley exclaimed in frustration, "Get back!"

"Jasper..." Henry began to speak to his uncle in a hushed tone.

"We ride on," Jasper demanded, he and the rest of the Tudor men feeling uneasy, "Move aside! Let us through!"

Just then, the Tudors watched as the small folk dropped to their knees, each of them thanking Henry.

"Bless you for your kindness!"

"King Henry!"

"The King has shown us mercy!"

"Bless you, King Henry!"

"He's merciful!"

    Henry's eyes widened, watching as each of them held up a gold coin. What was happening?

   When Henry arrived in Westminster along with the rest of the people who came with him on Royal Progress, he climbed off his horse and walked over to Bishop Morton, who looked anything but happy.

"She broke into the palace treasure room," He began to explain to Henry, who looked up to see Lizbeth watching the whole ordeal from the window with a smirk on her face.

He tried not to smile, which Lizbeth herself noticed from the window.

Inside the castle, Lizbeth watched the arrival of Henry and the rest of the people who had gone with him on Royal Progress. Lizzie was standing with her, both of them smiling until Cecily walked over and ruined it.

"You brought this on yourself, you know. He will be angry as he should be," Cecily explained, earning an eye roll from Lizbeth.

     However, when she turned her head to see Cecily now had a cut lip because of what happened the day before, she began to smile. "You know, I miss the days when Father was still alive and would yell at you whenever you bothered me because you were jealous of me, despite you being the princess and I the bastard. Now, it seems you're the bastard and I am Queen of England. You would do well to remember that and shut up, Cecily, before I have your tongue cut out." Lizbeth explained before she began to walk toward the door.