9

ROYAL BLOOD
— 9. Secrets

      The following morning, Lizbeth made her decision

      The following morning, Lizbeth made her decision. She was going to keep the child. She ended up telling the Tudors as a whole group in the throne room.

   Her mother stood beside her as she stood before Henry. He sat on his throne with Margaret, Jasper, and Lord Stanley standing at his sides.

Jasper had his eyes on Nora, but the moment she locked eyes on the Tudor man, Nora had looked away, much to his dismay.

    Henry had smiled gleefully when he was told the news of Lizbeth being pregnant with his child. Margaret was delighted as well, but Nora knew what made her most happy.

Lizbeth and Henry had only bedded each other once since their marriage, which meant the baby was conceived on that night.

Nora knew Margaret could use that as a way to claim that God was on House Tudor's side.

"Henry, a child," Margaret exclaimed happily as she clapped her hands together, "My grandson!"

Nora smiled as she turned to look at Lizbeth, who looked disappointed.

As his mother spoke to him, Henry's eyes remained on Lizbeth. He stood up from his throne, walking down the steps. He made his way over to Lizbeth. However, before he could reach her, Jasper had walked over to Henry and engulfed him in a hug.

"Congratulations, Henry," Jasper told his nephew and as he hugged his uncle, Henry smiled at Lizbeth, whose face remained unreadable, much to his dismay.

"Oh, God smiles on us," Margaret continued on, a large smile on her face. "We must praise him with a mass."

Jasper pulled away from the hug and just as Henry was on the verge of walking over to Lizbeth to congratulate her, Lord Stanley walked over to him.

"I share your joy, Your Grace," He stated as he shook hands with the king, his step-son.

Henry forced himself to smile, despite realizing what Nora and Lizbeth had at that moment. His own family was keeping him from getting to Lizbeth while acting as though everything was normal.

"We will name him Arthur--" Margaret began to say, only to end up being cut off.

"Excuse me?" Lizbeth asked, an offended look on her face while Nora frowned in concern.

"And christen him in Winchester," Margaret continued on, ignoring Lizbeth's remark, "He shall be King Arthur II one day, better than the first. We'll make sure of it."

Henry suddenly froze, his smile fading when he noticed the look on Lizbeth's face. She was angry and she had every reason to be. His mother had no right to say such a thing. Even he could admit that.

"You dare say that to me, speaking so happily, after what you've done?" Lizbeth asked Margaret angrily, causing the woman to turn to look at her.

"And what is it I have done this time?" Margaret asked and rolled her eyes in annoyance.