24 Back Again*

Aaron stayed away for a week. It was torture but for the best. Father still isn't very happy with him.

"So, what's on the agenda for today?" I ask father as I enter the office.

"I think it's about time we set a date for you to take my place." He said it so casually. ME.... ALPHA! Am I ready? Wow! "I've taught you all you need to know... and it needs to be done before you and Aaron get too close."

"DAD!" I yell at him blushing. "What about the rogues?" I ask. I know he wanted that dealt with before I take over.

"They haven't caused any trouble recently... they may have given up." Father seems less than convinced but presses on. "Anyway, I'll still be here to help you... I just won't be Alpha.... how's 2 weeks sound? Make it a birthday present. You know happy birthday, you're 24, here become an Alpha!!"

I laugh, it's funny... a lot has happened in a year. I've been trained to be an Alpha. I found my mate. And now I'll become an Alpha.

"And be mated soon after!" My wolf adds. I turn pink.

"Maybe... who knows!... just shut up!" I tell her.

"You seem distracted little wolf." Father says.

"Yeah I guess..." I say not willing to admit what my wolf was distracting me with.

"Take the day. Call the boy. Invite him over." Father says. I'm not about to argue. I jump up and head for the door. "Lilly." Fathers voice stops me. "Take him to the lake... it was your mother and I's spot...romantic." I nod and run out.

"Hello?" Even hearing his voice is amazing. I take a breath. "Lilly?"

"Yeah... wait... how did you know it was me?" I hadn't even said anything yet! He laughs.

"A magical thing called caller ID." He says.

"Screw you!" I yell he keeps laughing.

"You promise?" I feel my face flush. How is it that men make everything dirty?

"Well, I was going to invite you over but now I'm not so sure!" I tease him. He let's out a little whine.

"Come on it's just a joke... mostly." I roll my eyes.

"Bring swim trunks." I say.

"Be right there." Click! He hangs up.

"Well, good bye to you too!" I say and head to my room to get ready.

"So, Alpha's coming." I hear EV from behind me. "Cool guess I'll get the day off!"

"Yup!" I say happily as I run upstairs.

"What are you guys doing?" She asks flopping on my bed.

"My plan is to go for a run to the lake... there is a spot where the water cascades off a cliff into a small pond... it's beautiful you'll overlook it if you don't know it's there... a picnic and a swim." I say... "don't tell him... making it a surprise and all."

"My lips are sealed." She says. I begin packing my swimsuit in a pack. "Cute suit."

"Thanks... now for lunch!" We run down to the kitchen and I pack a couple sodas and make sandwiches. Add some fresh fruit and we have lunch.

"Lilly?" I hear his voice ring as he enters the room panting.

"Did you run here?" I ask him.

"Well yeah! I missed you." He responds.

"Trunks?" I ask and he holds them up.

"In the bag." He tosses them to me and I pack them in.

"I hope you aren't too worn out. My plan involves us running." I tell him.