29 Mated*

Today's the day! I am beyond excited! Today is the day Aaron and I become mates. I haven't seen him in the last 48 hours and won't until the ceremony. We both had to prepare our packs for us being gone for a week. Father and Carson will handle Red Rivers, and Clayton will cover Midnight Moon. Both packs are in good hands.

I stayed the night with Samantha so we could spend the day together... at least until 2 pm when the ceremony starts.

"Up! Up! Little wolf! It's 10AM! I let you sleep in because I know it will be a long night, but enough is enough. Get up!" Sam rants throwing open the door.

I've been up for nearly two hours due to nerves but couldn't get up. I've been frozen in place thinking about today. I'm going to have a mate! I'm going to be an Alpha in two packs... I can't really be called a Luna when I am an Alpha, so it's like I'm number one Alpha in my pack and number two Alpha in Aaron's. This is going to take some getting used to.

We still need to figure out where we are going to live! How we will handle pack issues. We have a lot to figure out about this. How will our packs respond? I mean, I know my people like Aaron, and I think his like me. But giving them another leader another Alpha, will they respect us both as Alpha? I am panicking.

"Calm down, little one..." Sam says, sitting on the bed. "It will all work out."

I sigh. Sam is amazing she calms me easily. I'm gonna miss her when I'm not here. I know we will have to rotate between pack houses. I will miss a lot here. But I'll be in touch and it's only a few hours away. I'm sure I'll be home a lot. I am Alpha, after all.

"Thanks, Sam." I smile.

"Ok, get up now! We need to do your hair and light makeup. I know you don't like it but give me something! Eyes and lips? Come on, Lilly!" Sam insists. I love her. She's a little crazy when it comes to getting all dolled up but amazing.

"Fine." I sigh then smile at her. "Just don't cover my freckles." I know Aaron likes them. I feel myself blush. I will not be telling her that's the reason.

She does my hair and makeup. It looks amazing! Samantha is an artist, no doubt about it. I slide into momma's dress, and it is beautiful. A long gown. Pure white. The back is open. It sparkles in the light. It has a deep v that goes between my breast with straps that lace behind my neck. It fits snugly down my body. I love it!

"You look just like your mother!" Sam is crying at this point. I do look like momma.

"Yes, she does!" Father walks in. "You are beautiful, little wolf." He comes over to me and gives me a hug. "We've got an hour before this thing starts. Let's go for a walk."

I nod, and we leave Sam crying. It's a good thing I left. If I'd stayed, she would never stop crying and wouldn't be ready in time for the ceremony.

"You ready for this little wolf?" Father asks. I take a deep breath.

"I hope so." I have no doubts about Aaron, but I am afraid of what will happen after with our packs. Two Alphas will be difficult to navigate.

"You can't be worried about the boy. I've seen you two the past few months. He loves you and you him." He says.

"I'm not worried about that. It's just... how will the packs respond? Will we rule well together? Being together just us is one thing, but how do we deal with pack issues? Will they accept two Alphas?" I ramble. Father laughs.

"They already have. If you look at how Aaron's pack responds to you and yours to him, you'd see it. You are both well respected and loved. There will be a lot of bumps in the road as you figure out how to lead together and respect each other as leaders, but you will figure it out. I'm proud of you, little wolf." Father says I feel a tear fall, and he wipes it away. Thank you, Sam, for waterproof makeup.