9.Unexpected Love

"Hammad, listen to me please." She was walking behind him and calling him helplessly, who wasn't in the mood to listen her useless excuses.

"Just get in the car." He said before sliding in the driving seat.

She did as she was told.

"Hammad, just once listen to me." She tried once again to make him listen but everything was in vain.

"We will talk later." He said signaling her to be quiet.

Hammad was angry on her because he was called by the dean of her college.

And he knew then and there that something was bad and exact same thing happen when he met the dean, who had nothing to say but complains about zara's non serious attitude towards her study.

He was beyond furious when he was informed that she failed in her first semester exams.

"Now tell me what you have to say in your defense." Hammad sat in the lounge and asked her who was seated in front of him, fidgeting with her dupatta.

"Oh..... I.... actually...." She had no explanation to give and she knew that it was very serious.

Because all the while preparing for her semester exam, she looked like she was really trying her best to pass but Hammad didn't know that she has actually been engrossed in the novel hidden inside her course book.

"Do you have to say anything?" He angrily asked her.

"I want a baby." She blurted it out of the blue.

"What?" He stood up with a jerk hearing her demand.

"Yes, I want a baby. I can't study anymore." She also stood up and further proceeded her demand.

"Are you even in your senses?" He said tapping her temple with his index finger.

"Yes, I'm and this my right." She stood chin up and looked in his eyes with confidence.

"We are not having baby before your graduation and keep that in your mind. " He said and stromed out of the house muttering something under his breath.

Zara sighed in relief that she was actually able to distract him from her brilliant report card.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

" Zara, we need to talk." Hammad said before disappearing in his bedroom.

He was home after roaming for few hours and when he calm down he returned back.

He was silent from then and even Zara didn't initiate any talk.

They did their dinner in complete silence unlike other days.

And after dinner he thought to talk to her.

After cleaning the kitchen she came to their bedroom and saw Hammad who was looking in the space pondering over something.

She went near him and coughed to get his attention.

"Sit." He gestured beside him.

"Let's not beat around the bush." He said and pursed his lips for few seconds and started again.

"Do you really want a baby or its just that you are saying to escape from your studies." He asked her seriously.

"Both." She said meekly.

When Hammad left home she had plenty of time to think about today's incident.

And she hated it but the disappointed look Hammad had bestowed on her left her remorseful.

She knew, Hammad really wanted her to study and it was so stupid of her to not take it seriously.

He wanted her to study science but on her wish he admitted her in arts.

He did everything she said but she didn't fulfill any of his wish.

"What do you mean by both? Come clearer." He said, his posture wasn't warm for her as always.

Feeling his distant self her lips wobbled and she broke down hiding her face in her palms.

Hammad couldn't comprehend anything.
"What happened Zara? Why are you crying?" He tried to remove her hands from her face.

She didn't reply anything, instead her cries got louder.

"Okay, I'm sorry I won't ask you to study anymore but please stop crying, I can't see you in tears." He said pulling her towards himself.

And this made Zara cry more. For her happiness, he was giving up on her study.

She hiccuped and snaked her arm around his torso.

Hammad kept rubbing her back to calm her down.

After few minutes of crying, she calmed a little.

"I'm sorry." He heard her say.

"Don't be." He said kissing her head.

"No, I'm really sorry. You do everything I ask but I'm such a bad wife. I can't even fulfill your one wish." She said between her hiccups and sniffs.

"It's alright Zara. I'm fine with whatever you want." He said cupping her face and wiping her tears with his thumb.

"Hammad, I promise you. I will study honestly till my graduation and them have babies." She said the first part confidently and blushed at the end of her speech.

"Are you sure, you want to study?" Hammad wanted to make sure so he asked her.

"Yes, I want to graduate only for you but I'm telling I will not study any further." She stubbornly said.

He laughed heartily hearing her.

"I'm okay with whatever you decide my life, including the decision about having babies." He said with a serious face but his eyes were dancing mischievously.

At that she hit his arm before hiding her face in the crook of his neck.

"Woman, you have started hitting me a lot these days." He said whislt caressing his arm where she hit him.

"You deserve this for making fun of me." She said again hitting him.

"I dare not." He said holding his arms up.

At that she broke down laughing and the jingling sound of her beautiful laugh brightened every corner of Hammad's heart and home and his lips reflected back the happiness he was feeling seeing her happy.

Assalam o Alaiykum and hello everyone

How are you?

So this is where I stop telling Zara and Hammad's story

I hope u liked it

So next update will be of Tangled Threads

Till then stay home, stay safe

♥️♥️♥️♥️