26. Tangled Threads

"Bibi ji, saab ji has come home." She heard Rashida's loud shriek.

For few minutes she breathed in and out to calm down her excitement and sauntered towards the staircase whilst her right hand securely placed on her protruding belly.

Uzair was home after seven months and she was excited and overwhelmed with the news of his arrival.

Halfway through the stairs and she saw Uzair gawking at her condition with hanging jaw as he wasn't aware of the news. She wanted to tell him face to face and days were passing but Uzair wasn't returning home making Eishal anxious as she wanted to share this news with him, share this happiness and blessing with him. She even asked everyone From her family and Uzair's family to not break the news to him.

She enjoyed his expressions and hasten her pace which caused her To slip Her foot and within a minute she came rolling down the stairs with loud heart wrenching cry and Uzair couldn't even understand what just happened.

He saw Eishal in the pool of blood and ran towards her with his heart pounding in his ears and body shaking with fear, fear of loosing something precious.

*******

It's been one and half month since mr. Asghar passed away leaving behind his memories which would eventually become blur With time.

"Mom, your medicine." Hadiya extended the medicine towards zombie alike mrs ashgar.

She was the most effected one from his demise.

Hadiya was the one keeping the family from scattering in the world of grieving and hollowness.

Neither her husband nor her mother in law would speak unnecessarily.

Atif was witnessing his little wife's courage, her hard work and sincere effort to make them happy but he couldn't find to react to her the way she wanted him to, or the way he would have reacted before this incident.

He knew it would take time to get to The point of normalcy but with Hadiya along side him, he would definitely get there, soon and sure.

********

"Zubair, where are you going?" He was ready with little extra touch up and was swiftly moving towards the exit of the haweli when Hamna asked him.

It was afternoon and usually all the people in the haweli liked napping at that time.

"Amma jaan, I've some important work." He hastily said not wanting to lie neither wanting to tell the truth, he opted for an ambiguous answer.

"Drop me to your phuppo jaan's house." She ordered him setting her shawl on her head properly.

"Why? I mean I will be late." He inwardly grimaced.

"What do you mean why? I want to meet them specially my daughter in-law and you just have to drop me there. It will not take much of your time." She looked at her son as if he was out of his mind and asked the maid to put the baskets she had prepared to take along with her in the car.

Not having any choice he followed her, sulking at the thought of cancellation of their long awaited meeting.

He was supposed to meet Isra in a restaurant or basically he was taking her on a date for the first time but Hamna ruined their plan unintentionally.

Soon enough he pulled his car in sherwani mansion's porch.

He was following his mother inside when Hamna stopped him.

" Are you not getting late? You can go now."

"Amma jaan, it wouldn't look good if I go without meeting everyone." He tried to act casual.

Hamna bite her cheek to stop the threatening smile and shook her head knowingly.

To avoid her penetrating gaze, he looked here and there and he was saved from this awkward situation when Faria walked in and hugged Hamna and then Zubair.

Soon Isra and Ifza also walked in and greeted them.

"Were you going somewhere Isra?" Hamna asked whilst pecking her forehead.

She looked nervous and couldn't answer. Only Ifza was aware of their meeting.

"Aunty, actually we were going for a outing." Ifza came forward to help her sister.

"I'm sorry to disturb your plan but you can still go and enjoy. Zubair will take you guys, till then me and faria will catch up." She instantly made plan and looked at everyone for their response respectively.

"Yeah, that's quite good idea. Azam is also not home, he had taken Ammi and baba to their native village. we will have our time without any disturbance." Faria approved her plan.
"If you are not busy can you take them out Zubair?" Hamna asked him and he knew his innocent looking mother was already aware of their plan.

He nodded and turned his head to hide his smile.

Soon enough the trio were on their way to enjoy the remaining day meanwhile their mother laughing at their kids effort to hide their plan.

" Why have you been smiling creepily?" Zubair had one constant smile playing on his lips and Isra was noticing it and when she couldn't hold back her curiosity She asked him.

"Do you even realized that phuppo jaan and Amma jaan were already aware of our date?" He asked and Isra's eyes widened with the news.

"She doesn't realise anything these days accept the things related to you." Ifza jumped in the conversation as usual .

At that Isra looked back and glared her but to her dismay she didn't even acknowledge it.

"I know how charming I can be." Zubair said proudly and winked at her while Ifza shook laughing at his reply.

Isra as usual went all red and looked outside the window to avoid his piercing gaze.

"Zubair bhai, drop me to the nearest library. I can Stand you guy's romantic tention." Ifza said whilst taking out her headphone from her hand bag.

"Behave Ifza." Isra scolded her but she put on her play list without bothering to react.

"I swear I will not go out with this little monkey tagging along. If you want to take me out, do it openly." Isra was irritated with Ifza and spoke without filter and regretted the next second.

"So that's a challenge?" Zubair asked with a look that said dare me anything and I will do it.

"Nooooo, I was just saying." She said fidgeting with her dupatta.

Asslam-o-Alaikum and hello everyone

How are you guys doing?

Hope you are enjoying the story