22. Tangled Threads

She was standing near the window, enjoying the moonlight and the cold breeze caressing her skin.

She had one roller coaster of a day but at the end she was happy to get the love of her life and the way Zubair has kept her under his gaze the whole time she knew he wasn't forced for this.

"Assalamoalaikum zahe naseeb." A male husky voice made her jump on her place.

She looked towards the door and found non other than Zubair Ali Shah standing there with all his glory.

Startled by his sudden presence, she kept looking at him wide eyes.

He shut the door bolting it properly and ambled towards her frozen form.

In her white dress, she was looking like some angel and Zubair felt like hiding her in his heart for forever.

"What are you doing here?" In the meantime she composed herself and asked him angrily and leaned on the wall to create distance between them.

"I'm here to meet my wife." He said taking her hands in his.

"Please, go from here. Hamna aunty said that we can't meet alone before the rukhsati." She said trying to free her hand for his.

"Shhh, nobody is going to say anything. Relax." He said kissing her both palm.

"le... Leave..... please." His bold advances was making her extremely nervous.

"First  let me assure myself that I'm married." He said tugging her to him.

She collided with his hard chest and her nostril filled with his specific cologne.

Controlling her erratic breath and summoning her fleeing senses, she tried to make a distance between them.

"Waise aap mujhe apna dil ka haal bata skti hn." He whispered in her left ear mischievously whilst securing her shivering form in his arms, preventing her from resisting.

( By the way you can tell me your heart's condition)

"Zu... ba..eeer, please jayen aap."She stuttered making his lips stretch more into a beautiful smile.

(you go)

His attention seeker presence, his mischievous ways which were making her heart beat unusually, his behaviour which was totally different from his usual specific serious demeanour . Everything was making her loose her sense.

Hearing her moistening voice, he let her go.

She instantly stood one hand away from him, her eyes brimming with tears.

Feeling of hurt flickered in his eyes which quickly disappeared.

"I'm sorry, Please don't cry." He said and tossed a small red velvet box on her bed.

"I hope you like it." She heard his voice now devoid of any mischievousness before he left her room, rather he sounded distant and cold.

She looked towards the now closed door, a heavy feeling settling in her heart.

What have I done?