13: Cookies and ice cream🍪🍨

Asa

Asa

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━
"I dare you

to ignore the pull

I have over you."
━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

"Shit!" Kam cursed, when his car, a sleek black Bugatti Veyron- when I first saw the expensive sports car, I had gasped in shock and Kam had shrugged, Yeup! One of my many vices. Expensive cars- rolled into the gravelled driveway in front of a tan coloured mansion with a cobblestoned path.

The mansion had a strong, ancient air about it. Like something that had existed before the civil war but had been renovated and restructured a couple times over. Huge palm, frangipani and bougainvillea trees lined the paths and there was a tiny little garden and a small shed house beside the main house. The building was both imposing and humble.

"What?" I asked.

He pointed to a shiny new Honda sitting in the parking lot. "My mum's home."

"Shit!"

"It's okay, she'll like you. Just be yourself."

"What does that even mean?"

When people say, 'be yourself,' you try so hard to be yourself that most times, you become someone else.

"You'll figure it out," was all he said before he stepped out of the car.

During our ride here, I had gotten over the initial embarrassment of me crying on him and spilling out my deepest thoughts like a well that sprung a leak. But he hadn't moved away from me or tried to run away.

He had stayed and listened and held me while I talked and I was grateful to him for that. And those little actions had encouraged me to talk more. He made me want to tell him everything about me. And trust him with my deepest desires, my wants, my fears. A trust that was both frightening and exciting to me.

"Dare to hope." He had said. "Dare to dream, Asa. Just work towards it and reach out and grab it. And it'll be yours."

He made it sound so easy. He spoke with so much conviction. Like life was one big freaking fairytale... And the scary part was, I believed him.

Oh God! I believed him.

Inside the house, everything was pristine with polished marble floors, high ceilings, fancy chandeliers and a grande piano in a corner of the living room.