06: Pinky Swear🤙🏽

Asa

Asa

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━
"If I could take away

Half of all your pain

I'll take the worst of it

And carry you like you carry me"

-Superman - Rachel Platten
━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

"What?" Kosi shrieked suddenly in horror. I looked up from the chemistry textbook I was reading and Jemi flinched, removing his airpods, frowning from where he was perched at the window seat, listening to music on his airpod and smoking weed.

We were gathered together in Kosi's room that afternoon, trying to prep for a test we were writing the next day.

"What the freaking fracking Fuck?" She screeched.

"Your style of cussing amuses me," Jemi mused, joint between his lips, jumping down from the window seat and coming to straddle her antique wooden chair of her dresk littered with fashion designs, style magazine cutouts and decorated planner.

"I could have sworn..." She cried, "I lost two kilogrammes yesterday!"

"Two kilogrammes?" I lifted an eyebrow at her. "You're being melodramatic." I leafed through the textbook, marvelling at the properties of organic carbon and it's many separation techniques.

"I'm serious, guys!" She whined.

"First of all, I think you need to get rid of that scale. It's bad for your mental health." Jemi quipped, tapping the butt of his joint on her dresser, sending the ashes flying.

"That's like telling you to get rid of your stash of weed."

"Weed calms me," Jemi retorted. "Your scale scars you."

"But... But..." Kosi hopelessly tried and spectacularly failed to come up with a justification for her precious scales.

"You know I'm right," Jemi said, sucking on his joint and blowing out a puff of smoke.

"I ate a vegetable last night!" She cried. "How dare my body betray me like this?"

"That's not how it works, dummy." Jemi deadpanned.