41: Truth❤

Asa

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰
"Tore my shirt to stop you bleeding.

But nothing ever stops you leaving."

-Billie Eilish.
⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

*
"Yanis! What the hell?!" I growled at my cousin.

"What do you mean, 'what the hell?!'" He frowned indignantly. "I just saved you from this... This creature!" He snarled at Kam, still on the ground, shocked by everything.

"He's not a creature, Yanis! He's my boyfriend!" I snapped at him, rushing to Kam's side. "Oh my God, Kam, I'm so sorry. So so sorry."

"It's okay, Asa- OUCH!" He yelled when I touched his bruising cheek.

"Boyfriend?" Yanis asked, incredulously behind me. "You mean, he was purposely ravaging you, and you let him?"

"Yes, Yanis!" I screamed at him, "whatever ravage means to you."

"Jesus, Asa, I'm so sorry! I... I thought he was forcing himself on you... Like... Like your stepbrother... I didn't want it to happen again."

My gaze softened at him a little when I glanced at him as he hung his head low in shame, his huge, meaty hands, hanging at his sides.

I understood why he had done that.

"It's not me you should be apologizing to." I scoffed, not wanting him to get off the hook easily. "Wait here with Kam, let me see if I can make an icepack from the iceblock in the fridge."

In the end, there wasn't any iceblock to make a makeshift icepack from. So I had to go downstairs to buy a frozen bottle of water and even threw in a bottle of spirit and a tube of ointment.

By the time I got back to my room, Kam was already dressed, chatting easily with Yanis. They were loud and they guffawed hysterically at some points, the way boys do.

I knelt at Kam's feet, pressing the bottle to his cheek. He winced, effectively stopping their bromance.

Yanis scratched the back of his head awkwardly, a worried look on his face.

"I'm really sorry... Um... Kam, right?"

"Yea." Kam winced when I dabbed his cheek with cottonball coated in spirit.

"It's just that, I never expected my cousin to get a boyfriend or even keep one, 'cause she'll be leaving the country soon."

I froze.

Shut up, Yanis!

Kam laughed, taking it all in stride. "Yeah, my Einstein probably wants to end up in Harvard or Yale. Which one is it, babydoll?" He grinned at me and I smiled back, shakily, my heart, pounding wildly against my ribcage.

"No, I'm not talking about her choice of university. I mean she'll be relocating there in like... Two weeks. With her mum."

I shot a horrified look at Yanis.

"Shut up, Yanis!" I growled under my breath.

He frowned at me. "What? He didn't know?"

Kam's voice was a low, incredulous tone. "What is he talking about, Asa?"