Chapter 19 (Edited)

My eyes opened to a sight that was sore for eyes. There on a stool in front of bed was sitting my very shirtless husband with a canvas infront of him. His fingers covered with paint skilfully working on the canvas before him. His pants hanging low on his waist. He muscles flexing as he kept stroking his finger with immeasurable passion and concentration.

I kept studying him as he worked and suddenly he stopped. A shocked expression on his face. I felt curious and moved toward the edge to see more of it. Hearing the rustle of sheets. He covered his expressions and looked at me. Our eyes caught and he gave me a smile. "You up."

"Hmm..What are you painting?" I stood up from bed and walked to him to see it but he folded it quickly.

I placed myself on his left thigh and asked him with a pout. "Why don't you let me see it?"

He kissed the pout away giving me a once over. "You look sexy, hot and extremely gorgeous sitting here on my lap in my shirt."

Giggle escaped my lips and I shook his head away that was inclining toward me for a kiss. "The paintings."

"And so hard to distract." The words spoken in a teasing manner had a sad edge to them.

"Here." He gave me the folded painting and placed both of his hands on my waist. I could feel the slight tremble in them as I started opening the painting. He tried to hide it by placing butterfly kisses from my neck to my shoulder where he pulled the shirt down.

The paintings before my eyes was so exceptional that it took my breath away. You could not only see the skill of the painter but also all the emotions. The lust, love and adoration and lastly the pain. They felt like they were stroked on it with those paints.

It was me. The women in the navy blue shirt lying on the bed. I was lying sideways holding tightly to the pillow with part of my face below my nose submerged in pillow. My black smooth waves sprawled on the white pillow producing a contrast. My legs tangled with white sheet in such a way that some part of my a bit tan smooth legs were visible. The shirt riding up at my thigh completing the exotic look.

Above surface, You could only see a beautiful woman having a peaceful sleep after a beautiful night with her lover but when you looked below surface, You see every little detail like the way her hands were clenched on the pillow with her nails embedded in it as her knuckles whitened. Her mouth was not in pillow but her teeth were holding on it tightly like holding on to screams. Her tear dried cheeks and pearl like tear drop caught in those eyelashes. The tension in her body. You could see it all.

My eyes couldn't move away from it. Hand were shaking profoundly and this time they were mine.

He took the painting away from my trembling hands. He placed a small kiss on my head as he moved his hands up and down my arms.

I looked up at him. "I don't remember any of it."

"I figured." He said.

"How?" The word slipped from my lips.

He stood up from stool with me before placing me on it and walked away maintaining some distance. His trembling hand moved on his face as he paced back and forth and then he stopped and remained at one place with his back on me and hands in pockets.

"I woke up in middle of night and you were sleeping. I pulled my shirt on you and walked to bathroom. I showered and when I got back. I found you like this. At first, I couldn't notice it but then I did. I tried to wake you up and took you in my arms and you screamed, screamed and screamed. It took me an hour to settle you."

He turned to me. The pain was visible on his face. "And then I couldn't sleep. The pictures of you was was engraved in my mind. It was fajar time so I prayed. I laid back on bed tried to sleep but the restlessness was still there. I had packed my painting stuff. It was like.....like a hold on me. I couldn't stop and my fingers stroked and stroked." He looked at his fingers colored by paints. "And the end result shocked me. I had drawn you in that condition."