21

OLIVIA

I was sitting on the right side of Reagan's hospital bed waiting for her to wake up. It has been 6 hours since we got to the hospital and she's still not awake.

"Olivia you should go home and sleep," Jacob told me walking back it to the room with two cups of coffee. "I can drop you and Abby home then I'll come back here and stay with her."

"No"

"Common Liv you need a break" I could hear the concern in his voice but I didn't care. I wasn't going to just leave my best friend here on her own.

"I said no," I told him sharply. He sighed handing me a cup of coffee.

"Oh my god Reagan," Reagan's mom said rushing into the room. "My poor baby."

"Thanks for staying with her Olivia but where here now," Reagan's dad said.

"What no," I told them standing up. "I've been here all night with her because you guys are terrible parents. So no I'm not leaving because she's my best friend."

"She's our daughter" Reagan's mom exclaimed. She sounded genuinely offended.

"Barely" I mumbled under my breath.

"What did you just say?!" Reagan's dad asked walking towards me.

"You heard me. Your crap parents so you can't just barge in here pretending you care because we both know you don't give two shits about her!" I yelled.

"Don't talk to my wife like that you bitch" Reagan's dad exclaimed. He looked like he was about to throw a punch before Jacob stepped in.

"Don't talk to my sister like that!" Jacob told him standing in front of me. "She's 15. Where you really gonna fight a child? That's pathetic."

"Both of you get out of MY daughter's hospital room before I call security," her dad said emphasizing the word mine.

"What no! You can't do that!" I yelled at them standing up from where I was seated.

"Yes, they can. Let's go Olivia" Jacob sighed grabbing Abby's hand.

"No"

"We don't have a choice. So please don't make this difficult" Jacob sighed running his hands through his short brown hair.

"Fine" I followed Jacob out the door and to the car. I got into the passenger seat slamming it shut.

"I'm sorry liv but we didn't have a choice," Jacob told me starting up the engine.

"There's always a choice" I mumbled looking out the window.

"It's okay Livy. You can see Reagan when she wakes up" Abby smiled at me.

"Thanks, Abby" I smiled remembering what Jacob said about not taking it out on her.

"Can we go back in a couple of hours? I want to see Reagan" I asked Jacob as we turned it to our apartment building.

"Ya but let's wait a bit so we can give her parents some time," he said.

BROKEN (book #1) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara