Lay With Me

~I got all I need when I got you and I. I look around me, and see a sweet life, I'm stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight. You're getting me through the night~ Jessie J.

Chapter Theme Song: Flashlight' by Jessie J.

°°

Rainey

°°Flashback Begins°°

"Rainey! Ice-cream is here!"

I locked myself in all day. Not playing with my toys, but just staring at the sticker stars on my walls. I was young, so I had thought that somehow the dolls were the reason I was punished that way by Greg, and maybe if I kept playing with them, he would keep doing what he did. The mere sight of the toys I once loved became the most fearful thing and I began to break my dolls apart, using scissors to destroy them.

However, I still had an undying love for ice-cream and my mother's announcement was the only thing that got me to leave the room. My rubber slippers tapped against the hard board as I chased down the stairs, but who I saw in my living room caused me to instantly halt my steps.

"Rain, your favorite uncle is here." My mom smiled as she exited the kitchen. "And he brought you ice-cream."

Greg crouched over, and at that moment he resembled a gigantic monster, the type I saw in cartoons and kids' movies. The villain. "Hey, Princess, guess what I got you."

My whole body began to tremble, and I took a few steps backward, my eyes widening in fear. My mom looked at me in wonderment, and Jeff tried to keep me quiet with his eyes.

Greg pouted, feigning sadness. "Aren't you happy to see me? I am hurt, Rainey."

I ran behind my mom who gazed down at me in confusion. "What is wrong with you?"

"I don't want to see him..." I muttered, gripping her shirt tightly in my palms. "Make him go away..."

"Stop acting like a spoilt brat," she rebuked. "He bought you ice-cream, go say thank you. Have some manners, child."

Tears welled in my eyes and my lips trembled. Seeing this, Jeff quickly outstretched his arm. "Hey, don't force her, babe. She's probably not ready for ice-cream."

Greg smirked, straightening his spine. "Come here, Rainey."

"Go to him." My mom gripped my skinny arm, trying to push me in his direction, but I squirmed from her grip and chased up the stairs in a swift.

She tilted her head to the side while she watched my tiny figure sprinting away like I had seen a ghost. "What on earth is wrong with her?"

Greg laughed. "She's probably still mad."

My mom narrowed her eyes, turning her attention to a smiling Greg. "About what?"

Jeff glanced at him, and he shrugged. "Yesterday she said she wanted chocolate ice-cream and I got her mint chocolate chip instead. She cried all day." He chuckled, shaking his head. "Kids. They sure know how to hold a grudge."