Guns & Allies

~Baby, I'm right here. I'll hold you when things go wrong, I'll be with you from dusk till dawn.~ ZAYN & Sia.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Dusk Till Dawn' by ZAYN ft. Sia.

N.B: Chapter contains numerous curse words and profanities.

••

Ansel

"An." Alex stalks into the room, pushing his hand through his hair as he sits next to me. I put the two capsules of aspirin in my mouth, washing it down with a sip of orange juice. I cannot help noticing the hooded look in his eyes and I raise a brow of curiosity as I remove the glass from my lips.

"Why do you look like a criminal? Have you taken Rain and Riley home already?"

"Yeah, they stopped at the mall to collect Riley's uniforms. They told me I could leave because they won't be heading home just yet."

I nod, setting the glass onto my nightstand. "Yesterday you said you had something to tell me."

"Yeah, that's exactly what I came in here to do. Yesterday, Riley told me something concerning Rainey, but we were having such a good time last night that I just didn't want to ruin the night."

I narrow my eyes, lifting my chin in interest. If it is concerning Rainey, I am all ears.

"What did she tell you?"

Alex hisses. "It is fucking messed up, Ansel. I think Rainey's mother's—"

"Guys, guess who the fuck is sitting in our living room." Aiden appears at the doorway and we both turn our heads in sync, delivering blank faces of ignorance.

"Ron-fucking-Moretto."

Alex and I exchange glances before we conjure up from our seats and follow Aiden down the stairs.

Ron Moretto is seated on my living room couch with his legs crossed. His signature arrogant smirk is on his face as he taps his index finger against his knee. My Dad is standing in front of him with coiled arms while my mom is at the entrance to the kitchen, regarding him with disapproval.

"Why is he here?" I ask Alaric, who is seated on one of the mini couches, his lips set in a thin line while he glares at the man in the suit.

"Ansel King." Ron breathes, straightening his spine. "I was just asking for you."

"Why are you at my house?" I drop my brows. This man has no idea how much I want his head on a silver platter.

He simpers. "Oh, you were upstairs so you might not have known, I came to investigate something."

"You need to talk fast and get the fuck up out of my house; I lose patience easily." My dad bellows, his eyes darkening on the mafia lord.

A long history of betrayal and back-stabbing has led my dad to harbor strong feelings of resentment toward Ron. Years ago, when I was just seven years old my dad lost his four brothers: Ashton, Andie, Allen, and Archer. They had formed a small family gang, naming themselves The King Brothers and had used the design of the snake coiled around the numeral five as their symbol. Ron had mighty envy toward my father ever since he got married to my mom, Melissa. He had a deep 'love' for her—still do— and so when my dad stepped up and confessed his devotion to her, he was not happy with that. Additionally, he was quite jealous of the relationship among my dad and his brothers, and that drastically added fuel to his burning flame of covetousness.

And so, he plotted against The King Brothers. They had the biggest drug business in Crossview at the time and Ron had partnered with them, assisting them with getting clients and monitoring the drug distribution. However, despite the monetary appreciation he would generously receive from them his thirst for greed could not be quenched.