Confessions

~I'm going under, and this time, I fear there's no one to save me. This all or nothing really got a way of driving me crazy. I need somebody to heal, somebody to know, somebody to have, somebody to hold. It's easy to say, but it's never the same. I guess I kinda liked the way you numbed all the pain~ Lewis Capaldi.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Someone You Loved' by Lewis Capaldi.

°°

Rainey

The Weekend's Wicked Games is booming off the walls while other people begin to enter the party. The living room does not have adequate space to accommodate everyone, so a lot of persons are chilling on the porch and the lawns. However, the ones inside are dancing, talking, and sipping on vodka from small red cups. The room is dim, mainly illuminated by the neon colors on the component set sitting at the left-hand corner.

Hanging out with Ansel and his brothers is one of the most enjoyable experiences in all my years of living. They are quite hilarious, and I can already feel my face hurting from the impact of my guffaws.

They feel a lot like family; I have not felt this at home in a while. This is a feeling that my mom and Jeff will never be able to give to me.

Arden nudges Alaric's side and jerks his head in the direction of the door where Sam is entering. She is wearing a cute off-the-shoulder top and large hoop earrings. A snoozing Anthony is perched on her waist, his small head nuzzled in her neck as she scours the room. Her hair is neatly pulled back in a sleek ponytail and her black leggings perfectly display her hour-glass figure. She spots us at the corner and immediately plods over.

"Goodnight, everyone." She greets.

"Woah, you look nice, Sam." Aiden compliments.

"I didn't think you'd come." Ansel smiles at her and she returns a soft one, shrugging her shoulders.

Alaric boldly goes in to plant a kiss on her lips, but she bluntly steers her face away, eliciting roars of laughter from his brothers.

Riley and I are trying not to snicker at his mortification, but the sight of Arden doubling over with his face drenched in tears forces us to emit laughs of our own.

Alaric does not seem to mind and ignores his snickering brothers as he smirks at Sam. "Are you going to be like this, Samantha?"

"Ric, leave me alone."

"If you wanted me to leave you alone you wouldn't be here now, would you?" He drags his lip between his teeth, staring Sam in the eyes.

These King boys and looking into people's eyes.

Sam's red cheeks prove the effect he has on her, but she frowns, handing a sleeping Anthony over to him. "I'm here only because Tony said he wanted to see you. That's all."

She crosses her arms while Alaric lays his son's head against his neck, planting a loving kiss on his forehead. "I'll put him to lay in my room."

Sam just nods as he plods toward the stairs. Sadness crinkles in her eyes as she looks away from his disappearing figure, focusing her attention on me.

"Hey, Rain."

"Hey." I smile at her. "I am happy to see you."