43 - The boys are in for a bang

●●●

●●●

"Ridge, hold still or I swear to god I will shove this bottle up your ass!"

My threat doesn't seem to faze him because he gives me a cheeky grin, pulling me to him so that I'm standing between his legs, "Kinky."

I apply a little pressure on his wound, causing him to yelp in pain. Satisfied, I start cleaning up the wound removing the blood stains and dirt from the sides. The cut doesn't look too deep, so I just need to cover it to prevent any sort of infection. He wraps his arms around my thighs, grumbling under his breath, "So demanding."

I chuckle under my breath, placing a kiss on his hair. I apply some antiseptic and cover it with a sterile gauze so that the cream works better. Stepping away from his grasp, I hand him some painkiller and a glass of water I had kept near the bedside.

He takes it from my hands and swallows the pill in one go, putting the glass beside me. We walk out of the washroom, and head straight downstairs where all of our friends are waiting, patiently, dare I say.

We walk down the stairs, carefully, me supporting Ridge since he has a sprain in his ankle. As soon as we reach down, everyone gets up, including Whis.

Aunt Veronica, Nathan and Dave had gone out for the day, along with dad and Cherry and Martha had left so we had the house all to ourselves.

Whis runs towards us and jumps up on Ridge, his paws reaching his chest. Ridge smiles admiringly, removing his arm from around my waist to crouch down. He scratches Whis' ears, playing with him before he kisses his head and stands back up.

We take a seat on the couch, my eyes looking at everyone's dejected expression.

"How did this even happen?" Eric asks, worry clear in his voice.

Ridge releases a deep sigh, running his hands through his hair, "From what Tony told me, Samuel was high when we were racing. He had taken high amount of drugs before the race, that's why he lost control on the track. I had noticed something was off with him mid race, that's why I had lowered my speed. Or else, I don't even know what would've happened."

My breath hitches in my throat, my hands holding his in a tight grip. I don't even want to imagine what would've gone wrong if he had not taken a precautionary step mid race.

"Drugs. That's what the problem is always," Tanner scoffs, a sour expression plastered on his face. Em notices his discomfort, so she wraps her arm around his, giving him a small smile.

"So, what will happen to Samuel now?" Bruce, who's been quiet all this while, questions.

"Don't know anything except for the fact that he was rushed to the hospital since he hit his head pretty hard. He might have a few fractured bones, and a concussion," Ridge replies, putting his feet atop the table, wincing a little.