Chapter 1

"Wise Girl, where are you?"

Annabeth finally came back from redesigning Olympus. She could not go up there when Zeus closed Olympus, so after the Giant War ended she spent every waking hour in the palace of the gods. I was proud of her, but I miss my Wise Girl. While she was on Olympus, I stayed in Manhattan, babysitting my new sister, Estelle. This is my first day back and Connor Stoll said he saw her by the lake. I hoped he was not pranking me.

As I walked by the lake I smiled. This was where I first kissed Annabeth as a couple. Gods, I missed her.

There were two figures going into the forest. Chiron warned us not to go there. I decide to go and tell them to come back.

I continued moving towards them, but they began to make out. This was going to be awkward.

I looked closer and saw that the girl had beautiful blond hair.

Oh gods no. I suddenly realized who the girl was.

It's Annabeth.

"A-annabeth?" I stuttered.

The other was not human at all. It's a satyr. Lord Maron's son to be precise. His name was Sepia.

Annabeth began, "Percy, I can..."

Sepia interrupted her. "You're Percy? It's a pleasure to meet the cousin of my wonderful girlfriend!"

He extended his hand. I stared in astonishment. Annabeth sighed. Some satyrs could be really stupid.

"Ok?" Sepia took back his hand. "So..."

"Sepia, can you leave so I can talk to Percy alone?" Annabeth asked.

Sepia trotted off without a care in the world.

"What the HADES were you thinking, Annabeth!" I practically screeched.

Annabeth punched me. "Not so loud, Percy. You see, The Council of Cloven Elders needs their meeting room renovated and I thought it would be a good opportu..."

I stopped listening to her. Stupid Annabeth and her stupid hubris.

"Wasn't there any other way for you to convince them?" I continued yelling. "You didn't have to do this!"

"You don't own me, Perseus." She snapped. "It's my decision and Sepia has been very nice to me and..."

"Save it. You don't own me either and you can't expect me to be okay with this. I waited the whole summer changing diapers and babysitting my sister while you pursue your career. This thing you have with Sepia is absolutely disgusting. I thought you were better than that Annie! I fell into TARTARUS for you. And THIS is what I get in return?!"

I turned around before she could answer. I could not believe what I saw. Annabeth is the daughter of the WISDOM goddess. This is absolutely bull...

"PERSEUS JACKSON," a voice boomed.

I was suddenly flashed from the beach onto Olympus.

Zeus stood, regal and serious, on his throne.

"You have committed a very serious crime Perseus Jackson." Ares spat. "How do you plead?"

"Innocent!" I cried out. "I don't even know what you're talking about!"

"You filthy liar!" Athena growled. "You have killed dozens of innocent satyrs and nymphs! There are multiple Celestial Bronze slashes all over their bodies! You even used their blood to paint a trident on their forehead, the symbol of your father. Scouts even smell the scent of the sea on your victims. Did you really think you would get away with this?"

I did not know what to say. I didn't kill anyone. One of my best friends was a satyr. How could they accuse me of murder?

I sighed. "I did not kill anyone. My fatal flaw is loyalty and my best friend is a satyr. I would never do this to Grover's kind!"

Artemis scowled at me. "Filthy male, you have disrespected the rules of hunting. The council shall decide your fate."

The gods turned and began to discuss this amongst them. I was led into a room with fountains of water. Everyone of my friends was there through an Iris-message.

"How could you, Percy?" Grover bleated, obviously hurt.

Jason grunted. "You changed. You are no longer the Percy I knew. He would never hurt anyone."

"Jason's right." Annabeth interjected. "I'm so glad I have Sepia now."

Piper muttered something under her breath. She had been crying.

Hardly anyone wanted to talk to me. They all signed off the Iris message.

Hermes called me back into the throne room.

"Perseus Jackson. You are sentenced to life in Tartarus. You will be given partial immortality. You will still be able to feel pain and die, but you will always come back to life to suffer another day." Zeus announced.

Poseidon said sternly. "Come forth, Perseus."

I walked forward. Surely my father would bless me to make my punishment easier, right?

Poseidon exclaimed. "What you have done is unforgivable, Perseus. No true son of mine would do such a thing. You are no longer my son.

I hunched over from pain. I felt as if every drop of water left my body. I had no control over water. I would be an immortal mortal.

After I partially recovered from the pain, Zeus struck me with his lightning bolt. I felt weaker and stronger.

Zeus snapped his fingers and I was flashed to the entrance of Tartarus. Hades stood over me with a look of sadness. What he said next truly surprised me.

"I believe you, Percy."

Huh?

"I know that you would never do such a thing. You would never hurt satyrs or nymphs. It pains my heart to see such a strong hero sentence to Tartarus. All I can do for you is give you my blessings for I cannot let you jump into the pit without protection. You are now my honorary son."

"Why are you doing this?" I asked.

He smiled shrewdly. "The first time you stumbled into my domain I knew we would expect great things from you. I still believe that. Also, Nico would be horrified if I did not help you. He admires you a lot, you know."

I grinned. Nico himself suddenly shadow-traveled into the room.

"Hey Neeks." I said.

Nico rushed up to me and hugged me. I did not expect this.

Nico groaned. "I can't believe the Olympians would do this to their loyal hero. Thals says hello, but she cannot come here herself under Artemis' and Zeus' orders. They both believe you're the murderer."

I sighed. I won't be able to see my dear cousin, Pinecone Face, again.

Hades interrupted. "Poseidon is taking back his gift of Riptide. He says you are not worthy of it, so he asked me to retrieve it from you."

I grudgingly gave him Riptide. I would have to survive another way.

I turned to the pit, ready to jump.

"Don't think you are jumping in empty handed."

Hades hands me a curved Stygian Iron sword.

"Its name is Moira, meaning fate. Take good care of it. May you have a better fate, young hero." Hades explained as he flashed away.

I stood in front of the pit with Nico.

"I guess this is it." I said, frankly. "Goodbye Neeks. I only have one thing left to do, though."

"And what's that?" He smirked with a hint of sadness.

"Say goodbye to the water." I jumped off the edge. "CANNONBALL!"

As I fell into eternal darkness, I could swear I heard Nico mutter. "There's the Percy I know. Always going out with a splash."

A/N Would love to have your opinion in the comments!

- Sapphy