Chapter 46

Aidan's POV:

My friends and their families stared at me with wide eyes and jaw slacked. Their heads turned to stare at another being which was my mom and turned back to me then back at mom.

It went on for a minute until mom decided to intervene and stop the motion so that they were looking at me.

As if they were hypnotized, they obliged. Their heads stopped going from me to my mother and back at me.

Now they only looked at me. Not wanting them to stay silent and maybe swallow a fly, I snapped my fingers in front of their faces.

They all blinked and shook their heads. Then turned to look where my mother was and immediately took a frightened step back.

"Ghost!" Someone yelled pointing at my mom.

Mom, not really bothered by the fact that she was just called a ghost, laughed and shook her head.

"I'm not a ghost. In fact I'm very much real." She said.

They all let out sighs of relief and we go back to the problem at hand, which as waiting an agonizing 3 to 4 hours for Ellie, dad and Steve to get back.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt someone shake me by my shoulders, roughly.

"AIDAN! SNAP OUT OF IT!" Connor shouted in my ear, making me wince.

"God! Stop doing that." I said and pushed him away.

He did step back but then crouched down a little bit and snapped his fingers in my face. "Aidan? You here, bro?"

I slapped his fingers away. "I'm here." I grumbled in response.

Satisfied, he stepped back completely and directed a grin at Abby. "It worked!"

"What happened?" I asked.

"You've been in you head for 5 minutes straight. We've been calling you, waving our hands in front of you face and even shouting at you but you didn't respond." Abby replied.

I looked around myself. A familiar black iron gate with golden spikes at the top came into view.

In a rush, everything came back to and I realized I had to take these people, gathered around me, to safety as soon as possible.

"What were you thinking about?" Austin asked.

I looked at him. "Huh? Oh... I was just... Uh..." Unable to find a suitable answer, I shook my head. "You know what? Let's forget that at the moment. I need you all to follow me."

I started in the direction of the van. A minute later, they all started to follow me as well, talking among themselves.

It wasn't until, Abby, Austin and Connor left the group of adults and joined me by my side.

"Were you thinking about how to get Ellie back?" Abby asked.

"No. She already knows what to do." I replied.

"Then what were you thinking about?"

"I..." I stopped short. How do I tell her that my supposedly dead parents are alive and living?

Simple. Just tell them.

"Look," I said, "there's something that you all need to know. But you won't believe me and will quite probably be shocked but when we reach the van-"

I was cut off when I heard, "Aidan!" A minute later, a small body collided with my legs. I bent down to pick up the little girl.

Immediately I noticed tears in her eyes.